Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Update v1.2.0.17 Available

According to the supplied instructions you have to leave the update on the SD card when updating the Inspire and leave it there to upgrade all your batteries.Is this right?
It's recommended to leave it on the card so IN CASE you plugged a battery with old firmware it would be updated - but the battery firmware hasn't changed lately so it doesn't matter much.

Yes, there was very much a need to clean the card. Didn't work for me and others unless the card was cleaned of all files--visible and hidden.

It's the same firmware update file for the TX and the Inspire !!!! - There is no need to delete, reformat, stand on your head, ring the doorbell or anything else. Just leave the firmware .bin file on the bloody card and delete the txt file that is generated after either the TX is updated or the Inspire is updated whichever you did first.
Then LEAVE the FW file on the card so that subsequent batteries can be updated (if required) from the same package!

My god people are making such a mountain out of a molehill out of this! God forbid you ever had to to firmware updates via writable DVD with correct folder structure or via SxS cards !!!!

Reactions: Kilrah
It's the same firmware update file for the TX and the Inspire !!!! - There is no need to delete, reformat, stand on your head, ring the doorbell or anything else. Just leave the firmware .bin file on the bloody card and delete the txt file that is generated after either the TX is updated or the Inspire is updated whichever you did first.
Then LEAVE the FW file on the card so that subsequent batteries can be updated (if required) from the same package!

My god people are making such a mountain out of a molehill out of this! God forbid you ever had to to firmware updates via writable DVD with correct folder structure or via SxS cards !!!!
NIce to see that you have a different opinion than the allmighty DJI support,who told me that you don't have to leave the update on the sd card.(Always use a sd card just for the updates)
By the way my update went smoothly and the firmware update is now on my original sd card.
Thought that this forum was to ask something when needed.
See the reaction of Mossie who didn't thought of this.

Last edited:
Seems simple enough but after reading all these posts I'm scared to do it lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Highrpm955
I update TX #1 with no issue, tried to update AC to no avail. let it run for like 40 mins and nothing. felt the camera and it was super hot so i decided to try to update TX#2. Nothing happened! Happened to put my micro SD back in my PC and there were 2 text files with the status reports. I deleted them and TX#2 started updating. So if you have any issues on into your micro SD and delete the text files before you retry to update

So I did the update exactly by DJI’s instructions to the T and it took less than 5 minutes for the Inspire to update and hear the D----DD (BUT) the progress bar never moved from 0% on the app so I waited and extra 30 minutes just incase it would try to do anything else and had to manually restart it.

The camera started like it always did but the RC was no longer linked to the Inspire. I turned it off took the card out of the camera and checked it on my mac and it said success so I erased that and put the card in a stick reader and put it in the RC and turned the power on.

In 20 seconds the RC started to update and took about 6 minutes to stop beeping and turn green. Then I Checked the status again in my Mac and it said success so i erased that file and put into the second controller and it also took about 6 minutes and said success.

Turned the master RC back on with the app and powered up the Inspire and it was linked again and everything says normal and up to date. Will fly it tomorrow and see but i think considering what I've read in some of these earlier posts it went pretty well.

Good Luck

Have you all been prompted to update?
I have just launched the app now to check something unrelated, and this time it did warn me both of a new FW being available and the maintenance manual being posted.
It didn't yesterday.
I suppose they "silently" post the firmware on the website first, let those early adopter guys who are stalking the page jump at it, and wait a couple of days to see if no major issue is reported before pushing it further ;)

So I did the update exactly by DJI’s instructions to the T and it took less than 5 minutes for the Inspire to update and hear the D----DD (BUT) the progress bar never moved from 0% on the app so I waited and extra 30 minutes just incase it would try to do anything else and had to manually restart it.

Exactly the same when I updated, the progress bar remained on 0% for the whole update and I thought "oh no here we go ", but it updated fine.

I'm wondering whether some people are downloading the update and pasting the file on to their sd cards as is, rather than unzipping it first.

You totally misunderstood what I said. We'll leave it at that.

Updating now with latest firmware been going 21 mins

Flashing yellow light on A/C.

However TX has "disconnected".............

Will back brief on outcome

Letting run A/C D-DD with flashing yellow light......

Updating now with latest firmware been going 21 mins

Flashing yellow light on A/C.

However TX has "disconnected".............

Will back brief on outcome

Letting run A/C D-DD with flashing yellow light......
Restart the remote after 25 minutes and as soon as the aircraft connects to the remote the app will ask you to reboot the aircraft. Then check the .txt file.
Or alternatively, power down the aircraft after 25 minutes and check the .txt file prior to restarting the aircraft.

Fully up and running.

As posted TX Turns itself off during A/C Firmware update.

Turned off A/C after 20 mins-Flashing Yellow Light D-DD. Think it updated quicker than that just wanted to give it a long "soak" time just in case(also gave me time to finish my beer!!.

Updated T/X updated in normal way after approx 5mins.

Turned on A/C and T/X was not connected to A/C. The little red light denoting A/C has not "bound" with T/X was on A/C.

Turned off A/C then T/X as per normal and restarted T/X first and then A/C as normal and T/X had now picked up A/C without having to "bind" as per normal. Just a little quirk but other than that as described in this thread and no bother at all.

Right off to get another beer.............

Sirnikolas

thanks for the help -even though I managed the upgrade no problem at all its always good that you know guys are willing to lend a hand if required.

Thumbs up!!

Agree it is strange it deviates from the manual wrt prompts,flashing lights,alarm tones etc.........

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds