Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware updating advice

I don’t think it does work because of it’s generation group of drones.

P3, inspire 1 , all have radius for no fly zone

p4 , inspire 2 , spark , mavic pro, all have flight pathways with radius no fly zones.

I have P3P and inspire 1 because where I live I have the flight pathways. The reason why is I bought a spark and couldn’t go no higher then 120 feet and was dumb found because my P3P and inspire 1 can go to 400 feet. Did some digging and found out all the newer generation of DJI has flight pathways for airports.

So this makes me think the assistant software will not work with generation 1 inspires because it’s not in the latest group of drones from DJI.

Sounds very plausible. I'm away from all my equipment and won't be near it until Monday. I will test then and report my findings.

D

1549869851498.png
Thats what shows up when I connect the RC to the computer.
its worth noting that I have an early I1, with the screw on props, I have read that the RC units were different inside, possibly with compatibility issues. I dont know if that is relevant

View attachment 24368
its worth noting that I have an early I1, with the screw on props, I have read that the RC units were different inside, possibly with compatibility issues. I dont know if that is relevant

Yes, this helps. This tells me that your Micro USB port is working perfectly. So it's probably the Assistant 2 software's fault that it doesn't connect to the Remote.

I will be at home later today. I will try and test this for you. I have a feeling I will get the same result. I'm 90% sure this is a compatibility issue, and not a hardware issue. That said, this doesn't mean that your USB port is NOT malfunctioning. As I stated earlier in this thread, I've seen the USB ports fail before. It MAY be a component swap out, which would be nice.

D

View attachment 24368

Okay...finally got to hook up my Inspire 1, v2 remote to my laptop and run the Assistant 2 software. With the exception of the COM port, my Device Manager looked like yours. That said, below are the screen captures of Assistant 2 as it connected to my remote.

InspireRemote-1.JPGInspireRemote-2.JPGInspireRemote-3.JPG

As you can see, I was able to connect to my remote via the Assistant 2 software...sort of. Though the software connected with the remote, I could make no changes to the remote.

I hope this helps.

D

mine just looks like this, I have also tried the DJI driver instaler software, but it finds nothing. Its very strange indeed
1549956024647.png

mine just looks like this, I have also tried the DJI driver instaler software, but it finds nothing. Its very strange indeed
View attachment 24375

Interesting. I wonder if layer 1 (hardware) is working, but layer 2 (communication) is not. I'm not a USB expert but I know communication happens in layers in networking. I assume USB protocol works much the same way.

Sounds like your remote is toast. I would take it apart and looks for signs of physical damage or corrosion and work from there.

D

I have taken it apart, I know my way around electronics, there are no immediate signs of damage or wear, I cleaned the contacts etc, and no luck, the phone starts to charge, but doesnt recognise the remote in any other way.
I tried the P4 controller and the phone finds it and opens the app automatically, this makes me assume the controller is to blame.

Has anyone had any luck fixing an issue where the LED flashes RED/GREEN quickly, almost too fast to see? I cn move the camera, but not arm the motors anymore. and ZERO USB data connectivity.

Has anyone had any luck fixing an issue where the LED flashes RED/GREEN quickly, almost too fast to see? I cn move the camera, but not arm the motors anymore. and ZERO USB data connectivity.

Yes. I experienced the same thing when there was a firmware mismatch. The mismatch wasn't explicit, in that it was a clear cut mismatch of firmware versions. The fix was to reload the firmwares in the bird AND the controller. That said...

I highly recommend AC firmware 1.8.xx.xx and RC firmware 1.6 and don't ever update.

D

Yes. I experienced the same thing when there was a firmware mismatch. The mismatch wasn't explicit, in that it was a clear cut mismatch of firmware versions. The fix was to reload the firmwares in the bird AND the controller. That said...

I highly recommend AC firmware 1.8.xx.xx and RC firmware 1.6 and don't ever update.

D
the problem is that I cannot update the RC because the USB seems shot, so now i cant even arm motors to test my batteries :(

the problem is that I cannot update the RC because the USB seems shot, so now i cant even arm motors to test my batteries :(

Which USB port is broken? There are two. There's a type A USB port and a type B micro USB port.

You don't need the B port for anything. If the A Port is broken, then the controller is essentially junk until you either fix or replace the port. Assuming you're talking about the Type B port....

D

unfortunately, its the USB A port that isnt working, the B shows as a serial device on the PC.
What annoys me is that it broke when in storage, it was working fine, then stored for 12-18 months and then kaput.! piece of junk

unfortunately, its the USB A port that isnt working, the B shows as a serial device on the PC.
What annoys me is that it broke when in storage, it was working fine, then stored for 12-18 months and then kaput.! piece of junk

Fortunately, the USB/HDMI ports are part of a discreet, replaceable component.

Exactly how "broken" is the port? Is there any visible corrosion? I mean...if the thing just broke while in storage, "corrosion" is the only culprit I can think of. Can you take a well-lit, macro photo of the inside of the port and share it here?

D

I was not able to update the RC firmware with certain devices including CrystalSky.
I read that you may have damaged usb which is not good but replacable component.
Any way I found it very difficult to update the RC as there was not enough as well clear instructions how to do it as on some devices dji go was not showing a button for download and update the fw, so I'll share what I found for the update procedure.

I succeeded by using samsung n4,
1. install the last go version and login! Then close the app.
2. Connect the the phone with the usb cable
3. Power on the rc
4. The phone should automatically swich on and ask wich app to run for this usb connection. If that doesn't happen then you may have to turn on the usb debugging setting in android and try again.
5. Press Enter camera button

Now on the first page with overal status should be notification about new firmware.
1. Click on that notification and in the new opened page should see a button for downloading the firmware.
2. After download finished I've had to restart the RC for being able to see the install fw button on the same page.
3. Check that your batteties are full (RC and phone) Press the install button.

Hope that helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips