Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.2.1.03 2015-05-06

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody caught this with the IOS update conflicting posts[emoji13]!!

Who's FIRST[emoji6]

Well spotted.

Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware version updated to: v1.2.1.03
2. DJI Pilot app iOS version updated to: v1.1.1
3. DJI Pilot app Android version updated to: v1.1.0

Major Updates:
1. Reduced moire pattern in camera images.
2. Added support for YouTube live streaming.
3. Added support for the DJI Pilot app’s Director function.
4. Reduced power consumption of the Intelligent Flight Battery when it is powered off to protect the
battery.
5. Solved issue of the remote controller occasionally powering off automatically when using firmware
v1.2.1.0.

Let's hope they have fixed the double flight time issue with (1.2.1.2 dev firmware).

Interesting they slipped in there right at the end the solving of remotes turning themselves off!
At least they admitted to it I suppose - that's a step in the right direction :rolleyes:

It's getting chubby due to director, but if it eliminates the disconnects Life is good again for many.

I guess I should do an update soon. I am still running the second firmware :eek:. Always worked too well for me to change it but with the new battery update and live streaming I guess it is finally worth it.

So who's it gonna be......who's going to be first?..... Hmmmmmm????? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep.................

Last edited:
Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Ok - On a serious note guys and slightly off topic for which I apologise.....

What I find disturbing is that DJI have put a fix in that addresses the issue of some remote turning themselves off mid flight. Something that has been flagged up/highlighted on this forum and on DJI's own forum.

The ramifications of a remote just switching off mid flight could be catastrophic (irrespective of what RTH is meant to do) yet at no time would DJI admit to there being a problem or warn their customer base such a problem existed and give their end users the opportunity to ground their aircraft until a fix was found.

This says volumes about how the inner sanctums of DJI think and operate. In order for them to issue a fix for this, they would need to identify it, re-write the section of code/hook that is causing the problem and then test the code to ensure the problem is actually fixed. At NO TIME during manifestation, discovery or work in progress or implementation did DJI communicate with it's customers and warn them of a potential dangerous situation.
And yet they HAD to know about it.

We have stepped back to the Ford Pinto days !!

Update installed on Bird, 2 x controllers and 4 x batteries with no issues reported. The controller update ran for about 5 mins.

It is persisting outside for the rest of today so it will probably be late this evening or tomorrow before I can do a test flight.

PS. I hope 1.2.1.3 fixes the flight time error introduced by 1.2.1.2 (dev edition) that has been corrupting my flight records.

Update installed on Bird, 2 x controllers and 4 x batteries with no issues reported. The controller update ran for about 5 mins.

It is persisting outside for the rest of today so it will probably be late this evening or tomorrow before I can do a test flight.

PS. I hope 1.2.1.3 fixes the flight time error introduced by 1.2.1.2 (dev edition) that has been corrupting my flight records.
Glad to hear Buckie is still intact :p - It is precipitating heavily here as well so even if I did do the Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep procedure I couldn't fly the thing afterwards to test it :mad:

For now, I will have to rely on other people for feedback........

It's been recommended that before doing the firmware and app update that you sync your flight logs to the cloud to forestall the issue of your previous flight logs disappearing into the ether. :eek:

Anyone still getting "Gimbal Calibration Failed' message on android after this update or has that been addressed now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry