Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.2.1.06 update issues

Reaction score
Updated the firmware to the latest version. Both the RC and the aircraft. The txt file read successful upload. I went to calibrate the compass on the aircraft and midway through lost the linking and now I have a sold red light on the aircraft. I've tried linking the RC and aircraft with no luck.

Solid red light indicates critical.. now what? HELP!

Hi all
Having trouble updating latest firmware.
Do you have to have the aircraft and the transmitter on to perform the update.

Can't find IMU in new FW. No more "Sensors" in advanced settings. Anyone know where it went?

Can't find IMU in new FW. No more "Sensors" in advanced settings. Anyone know where it went?

1) Click the the upper right hand corner button[emoji826]️
2) Click the top left Multi Rotor icon in MC settings.
3) With your finger push/hold and scroll down to Sensors[emoji6]

I went for a flight today about halfway through say four minutes 5 minutes in in GPS mode with 17 satellites the Inspire started drifting heavily to the west it flew like it was drunk. It flopped back and forth and didn't seem to stay level. Or in one spot. It tried to fly away when I released to sticks. I noticed it on the video. all the sensors were calibrated well and in spec. Fresh compass calibration. I'm wondering how to post the video with the stick inputs I have an android. and what other files would help you too tell me what might have been wrong. latest firmware Jun 20 first and latest Android app version 1.2. I wrestled it closed in GPS mode and then flip to attitude mode to bring it the rest of the way home and land

I went for a flight today about halfway through say four minutes 5 minutes in in GPS mode with 17 satellites the Inspire started drifting heavily to the west it flew like it was drunk. It flopped back and forth and didn't seem to stay level. Or in one spot. It tried to fly away when I released to sticks. I noticed it on the video. all the sensors were calibrated well and in spec. Fresh compass calibration. I'm wondering how to post the video with the stick inputs I have an android. and what other files would help you too tell me what might have been wrong. latest firmware Jun 20 first and latest Android app version 1.2. I wrestled it closed in GPS mode and then flip to attitude mode to bring it the rest of the way home and land
Once you flipped it to Atti mode did it immediately behave itself?

I would say yes, it drifted pretty good with the breeze which is normal and did level out. Is that a symptom of something?

I would say yes, it drifted pretty good with the breeze which is normal and did level out. Is that a symptom of something?
Yes, I would say you had a skewed compass calibration. Once you flip to Atti the compass is taken out of the equation.
If you did a compass cal at your take off position you probably unknowingly introduced an error.
This is why I NEVER calibrate in the field. Too many unknown/unseen variables.

Thanks for the heads up, I was ~400km away from my last location however and it was literally in a field. is one fo the 4 compass numbers supposed to be at or near a certain value to know if its a good calibration, (like the IMU values should be close to 0)?

Thanks for the heads up, I was ~400km away from my last location however and it was literally in a field. is one fo the 4 compass numbers supposed to be at or near a certain value to know if its a good calibration, (like the IMU values should be close to 0)?
Compass mod value should be between 1400 and 1600 and ideally close to 1500.

What if when you switch to atti it just behaves better??
If there is STILL a problem even in Atti then it either points to a bad IMU calibration/error or a faulty flight controller.
Once you are in Atti mode, GPS is not used, nor is the compass. The only things that are actively 'correcting flight' is the mems gyro, accelerometers and barometer.

Thanks for helping to fi d the new IMU calibration location.

I flew again yesterday, second day on new FW. While flying the pilot app crashed and my iPad Air 2 just showed the Apple symbol in the middle of the screen. I was able to control with the sticks and restart the app.

Been out on two different shoots today, the 1.2.0 Android app crashed twice in each location while the copter was in the air. This did not happen on the previous version.
To still be getting this type of bug is beyond me, DJI, please sort this out, it seems like one item is fixed and another one appears.... I am so p1553d off that I am going for a sit down and have a pill and a shandy.....at least everything came home with me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo