Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.3.0.00 Update FAILURE

Reaction score
Well, it seems as though I have hit a snag.

Trying to update to the latest 1.3.0.00 firmware and its not going to plan.

The first time I started the upgrade it went for about 30 minutes, had the usual four beeps from the gimbal and had flashing lights from the LED's under the motors and beeping from the ESC's which is normal apparently, but instead of hearing the D----D--D that I am supposed to hear after the update has been successful, I am getting a noise which closely resembles a DOT Matrix printer!

Rebooted the Inspire and it started with the update again, only this time I get the four beeps for about ten minutes and then the dreaded DOT Matrix sound occurs.

I have used two different micro SD cards. Different micro SD card adapters. Only thing I have not tried is a different computer to do the formatting and copying over of the .BIN file.

I really dont want to have to send this thing back to DJI to get it sorted!

Any ideas as to what I can try next?

Tried to go back to v1.2.1.06 but same thing, after 10 minutes I get the constant dot matrix sound.

Been talking with live chat on the DJI website. Sent them the log file and they say there is now something wrong with my VPS. I find this odd as it was working PERFECTLY before trying to upgrade to 1.3.0.00.

Cant even get the inspire into travel mode!

And to top it off, I get disconnected from the live chat!!!

Yeah, done that several times, checked pins, all fine.

Looks like its going back to DJI.

I am not happy in any way shape or form.

Seems as though the update somehow messes with the VPS.

I've had the same issue, get no signal on the screen, worse though is that the RC doesn't connect to the aircraft. DJI said to rebind by entering password on Master mode. Trouble is now don't have option on the RC Settings for master/slave. Starts at Gimbal...

I will join the club!!! After I updated everything, I got a message on the DJI Go app stating Gimbal Motor Overload. I tried to revert back to the old firmware , but no such luck.
. I still get that message "Gimbal Motort Overload". I have checked and rechecked the pins. After numerous phone calls and e mails to DJI, my Inspire 1 is in route back to DJI. My fingers are crossed...
Wait, wait and more waiting I am sure...

I've had the same issue, get no signal on the screen, worse though is that the RC doesn't connect to the aircraft. DJI said to rebind by entering password on Master mode. Trouble is now don't have option on the RC Settings for master/slave. Starts at Gimbal...

Its a joke, I mean do DJI not test firmwares before releasing them to the public!

Mine has now got to be sent back to my supplier for them to either replace it or get it repaired. Not a happy chappy right now, especially when you spend this type of money on something that is supposed to just work.

I will join the club!!! After I updated everything, I got a message on the DJI Go app stating Gimbal Motor Overload. I tried to revert back to the old firmware , but no such luck.
. I still get that message "Gimbal Motort Overload". I have checked and rechecked the pins. After numerous phone calls and e mails to DJI, my Inspire 1 is in route back to DJI. My fingers are crossed...
Wait, wait and more waiting I am sure...

I got the same message when I was testing the craft out. I simply rebooted the craft and the message disappeared.

Don't waste your money on djigarbage.3500 inspire1 is crap after upgrade.and no iam not sending it back agian,it's trash can and lesson learned the hard way dji support is crap as are there products.
trash can it in my direction, ill pay for shipping! i could use some spare parts. crashed mine and broke the arm, camera and an antenna wire. fixed it myself with a plastic garden hose splicer for $2 , new arms are 400.

Hi All,

Similar issues for me also. After update I can now no longer get into travel mode, meaning atm can't really transport it safely anywhere. The update states you can now remove the camera with the RC power on. What it does not tell you is that you need to toggle the RTH switch four times to make it go limp. I managed to do this once, get the camera off but still no travel mode, just lowers fully and sits on it's belly. Before I had no issues entering travel mode on carpet, the box andy real flat surface. Very frustrating, I dread to think how many of us our now out there who can't commission work due this ridiculous update.

Its a joke, I mean do DJI not test firmwares before releasing them to the public!

Mine has now got to be sent back to my supplier for them to either replace it or get it repaired. Not a happy chappy right now, especially when you spend this type of money on something that is supposed to just work.
Nothing wrong with my v1.3.0 Everything went without a hitch. Can't be the firmware being the problem.

Don't waste your money on djigarbage.3500 inspire1 is crap after upgrade.and no iam not sending it back agian,it's trash can and lesson learned the hard way dji support is crap as are there products.

So sorry you fill that way about DJI products I personally think there great;) I've had & still got a P2V & my new I1 which I can't fault. I've just upgraded to the latest firmware on the inspire which went very smooth, no problems at all. Took the I1 out in my garden to run both batteries down below 5% again no problems.

So please don't bad mouth a brilliant product, that's my apinion;)

is it worth staying away form this latest upgrade?

I had no option, my iPad auto updated to the new DJI go app, forgot to turn that option off:eek: so I bit the bullet & went ahead with the install.

All looking good as far as I can see, had it flying in my garden to run the batteries down, no problems.

Going to take it out tomorrow for a test flight

Van Snow Banned lol! I'm sure he has an alias name now[emoji13]! Wander if he transformed his I1 into the trash yet, or is still looking for attention...

Now back on topic[emoji6]!
Anybody notice any drift whilst airing out the new firmware[emoji15]? Update went well[emoji6] other than a glitch with network settings via lightning cable from iOS to RC, PROBLEM RESOLVED.. This would be the first for me, as the only problem I've really had was with the cam lean/tilt/yaw..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry