Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware V1.4.0.10 released 7th September

03ec75c6102a3e1374da767f635f2658.jpg

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Right guys,

I'm not going to be able to download for a month:( holiday plans;) I'll not be able to test before my hols:( so can't see the point until I'm back.

But I wish you all the best with the updates & hope the download work for you guys 1st time;)

I'll be asking question when I'm back if I have any problems;)

Good luck all;)

Edit: I will asking questions on the new firmware when I'm back so please don't shoot this dumb arse down:D

Last edited:
So my real question about the new firmware, why no follow me mode for inspire? Why only for the phantom 3????

So my real question about the new firmware, why no follow me mode for inspire? Why only for the phantom 3????
DJI stated that its because follow me its not optimised for lager crafts, but what that really means is that they won't want to see the inspire in the news because someone drive the I1 into a building or something while using the new features.

DJI stated that its because follow me its not optimised for lager crafts, but what that really means is that they won't want to see the inspire in the news because someone drive the I1 into a building or something while using the new features.

They don't need follow me to pull that off...

Reactions: daleseprime
Updated everything and just flew one battery but I couldn't figure out how to set POI and Waypoints. Anyone?
Did you try switching from "P" mode to "F" mode on the transmitter (also need to ensure the multiple flight mode is enabled in settings)?
This should popup a display that lets you select from the new Intelligent Nav modes.

If you are just having trouble setting the POI location or waypoint location then ignore my comments above.
For POI, you need to fly the craft to the Center of the desired POI and then press the Apply button.
For Waypoints, you need to fly to each desired waypoint location and then press C1 button to record waypoint.
Hope this helps.

Updated everything and just flew one battery but I couldn't figure out how to set POI and Waypoints. Anyone?
DJI say follow the onscreen instructions, but to help you:

Access the Intelligent Navigation (IN) modes by first taking off and being in the air. Then switch the P-A-F switch to F. This will display a IN selection dialog.

POI: Select Point of Interest (POI) mode. Fly the aircraft over the POI at a safe height to designate your subject. Move away to the orbit radius you want and adjust you height and camera viewpoint. Select the orbit speed (2-4m/s in best) and then tap Apply. Confirm the RTH safety height (clear of the height of your POI) and off you go.

Waypoints: Select Waypoints (WP) mode. Fly to your first waypoint and set the height and direction. Tap Insert WP or press the RC C1 button. Fly to the next point and so on until you have plotted the route you wish to fly. Tap done. You can tab the tiny little star to add the route to favourites to repeat it as many times as you wish. The last 3 routes are autosaved. You have a couple of choices on which way the aircraft will point, what it does at the end (hover or RTH) and the speed (max 5 m/s). Tap Apply and set the RTH safe height. Then off it goes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop