Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware V1.4.0.10 released 7th September

Just out of curiosity, was you a beta tester:D how the hell did you know all that or is it written down somewhere?

Hats off to you for your answer;)

Reactions: Scotflieger
Way points is junk. You have to fly the route first before you can have the autopilot actually fly the mission. The phantom 2 series has a better way point setup than this. What was DJI thinking? It took how long to get this firmware released and this is what we get...I'll stick with the Autoflight Logic team. They have a better setup already (beta testing currently). I can do without way points.

Way points is junk. You have to fly the route first before you can have the autopilot actually fly the mission. The phantom 2 series has a better way point setup than this. What was DJI thinking? It took how long to get this firmware released and this is what we get...I'll stick with the Autoflight Logic team. They have a better setup already (beta testing currently). I can do without way points.
i think waypoints are ok its the go app not a ground station app, what its really junk is that they ware actually enforcing the BS of being in the air before uploading waypoints on the SDK so third party ups can't be fully autonomous.

I can only offer my opinion of DJI design decisions. I believe it was assessed that the risk of someone planning a route offline presents too greater risk of the aircraft flying into something either by the lack of detail on the available maps or intentionally. By having to plot a route in the air ensures that the airspace at each waypoint is clear of any obstructions. The routes can be saved and flown multiple times. Other third-party company can take the risk someone having an accident using their software.

Reactions: jon b
I can only offer my opinion of DJI design decisions. I believe it was assessed that the risk of someone planning a route offline presents too greater risk of the aircraft flying into something either by the lack of detail on the available maps or intentionally. By having to plot a route in the air ensures that the airspace at each waypoint is clear of any obstructions. The routes can be saved and flown multiple times. Other third-party company can take the risk someone having an accident using their software.
Hey Scotflieger..
do you know if this is a mandatory firmware update? ?

Reactions: Soflms
A kind suggestion. The best and safest way to understand new GS features is to use simulator mode first.
Before real test flight time, just take some time and check each new feature in sim mode, it will really help you understand all new intelligent navigatiin features.

Reactions: Scotflieger
A kind suggestion. The best and safest way to understand new GS features is to use simulator mode first.
Before real test flight time, just take some time and check each new feature in sim mode, it will really help you understand all new intelligent navigatiin features.
Using the simulator first would be nice, but it's not an option for android users. :-(

Some may know, but for a while absolutely none of my modern android devices worked for my DJI Pilot app. It was super glitchy, making it impossible to obtain a smooth shot. It was like trying to watch an HD movie in 56k. Anyways as soon as the GO app auto updated on my phone I was happy to find that all my android devices worked again. I could follow a moving object and the camera would not lag or glitch at all. I'm shooting the aerials for a music video on a yacht tomorrow and Wednesday and really don't want to mess anything up since its finally working normally. My questions are,

1) Can I ignore the firmware update required until this shoot is over Thursday? Or will it lock my motors up on set telling me mandatory FW update is required?
2) Also I wont have any problems taking off from the ship, will I? I remember this used to be an issue.

I know some have said they dont think it's mandatory, but i'd really like to know for sure... @The Editor probably will...but has also probably answered it in 30 other threads I couldn't find haha

Heres some screenshots of the way things are right now, where everything is working as it should. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-07-12-59-25.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-07-12-59-25.png
    632.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2015-09-07-13-01-24 (1).png
    Screenshot_2015-09-07-13-01-24 (1).png
    912.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2015-09-07-13-01-24.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-07-13-01-24.png
    912.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_2015-09-07-13-01-49.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-07-13-01-49.png
    641.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

I think all the new features are a bonus, we never had them before but have them now;)

Sorry you fill that way about waypoints:(

My questions are:
1) Can I ignore the firmware update required until this shoot is over Thursday? Or will it lock my motors up on set telling me mandatory FW update is required?
2) Also I wont have any problems taking off from the ship, will I? I remember this used to be an issue.
To my knowledge, FW 1.4.0.0 is not mandatory as it does not change the flying characteristics of the Inspire 1 and there should be no lock out. I can not answer your ship question.

Reactions: Soflms
@MikeK The number of satellites will vary due to changes in the GPS/GLONASS constellations. You only need 6-9 satellites in view for a good fix.

Why I was concerned is we took the Inspire 1 outside and did a test and had 15 satellites....brought it indoors for the upgrade and then took it back outside and thats when we came up with 9 satellites. All done within 60 minutes or less.

Why I was concerned is we took the Inspire 1 outside and did a test and had 15 satellites....brought it indoors for the upgrade and then took it back outside and thats when we came up with 9 satellites. All done within 60 minutes or less.
The GPS satellites move fast (14000 km/hr) so the constellation is constantly changing. Check out the UAV Forecast website to see how many satellites you can expect to see from your location at any given time.

I understand that point, but when you have an aircraft like the phantom 2, that has proven itself (in a way point fashion) why second guess yourself. DJI is already flashing a disclaimer (no liability waiver) that removes the risk from DJI. My simple point/question is "why go backwards"?

BTW: Not trying to pick a fight with anybody here....Just a little disappointed.

Hey MikeK,

You may already be using this but it's a great free app if not. I use it all the time & works great;)

You can get it in the apps store if your running iOS, should be able to get it for android. It's called GPS plan.

image.jpg

Reactions: Arriguy
Using the simulator first would be nice, but it's not an option for android users. :-(
If you become a level 1 dji developer (free and easy sign up) then you can download the PC simulator. There are other threads about its use already.

Reactions: Tj_

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo