Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware V1.4.0.10 released 7th September

After installing the latest software I took the inspire up for a little test the display said I had the latest firmware but there was a little red triangle next to it and when I touch it, it said my battery needs to be reconditioned and I reconditioned it a couple of weeks ago. But they changed the reconditioning process it just say to take battery down below 5% and charge it up to 50% for long term storage. So I guess you don't need to completely charge it any more to condition it. But I will always charge it completely the night before as I had one fail on me in flight before and it is not fun.

The iOS app is out as well!
I've done a short flight test this day - well it works!
To activate the new functions you had to switch the flight mode switch to position 1 (F-Mode), then a new menu pop up with the new functions.

Flight_mode_switch2.png

But the movements of the copter are a little bit awkward, when the drone starts flying the circle around the poi or the waypoints.

Reactions: Mike Mas
So if the copter movements are not smooth then all the new futures that are supposed to make our life easier when we shoot video is worthless ....isn it ?

So if the copter movements are not smooth then all the new futures that are supposed to make our life easier when we shoot video is worthless ....isn it ?

I mean, really nice futures that for sure, but hopefully they can make them do smooth movements

I mean, really nice futures that for sure, but hopefully they can make them do smooth movements
I assume you mean features. The trick with using POI and WP modes (features) is not to set too high a speed. I found that 4 m/s is best for POI and similar for WP. DJI do need to make some improvements especially at the beginning of the movement.

I assume you mean features. The trick with using POI and WP modes (features) is not to set too high a speed. I found that 4 m/s is best for POI and similar for WP. DJI do need to make some improvements especially at the beginning of the movement.
So its still in Beta mode...?

After installing the latest software I took the inspire up for a little test the display said I had the latest firmware but there was a little red triangle next to it and when I touch it, it said my battery needs to be reconditioned and I reconditioned it a couple of weeks ago. But they changed the reconditioning process it just say to take battery down below 5% and charge it up to 50% for long term storage. So I guess you don't need to completely charge it any more to condition it. But I will always charge it completely the night before as I had one fail on me in flight before and it is not fun.

I took the battery down to 2% then fully charged it up even turned the battery back on and charged it up till it turned off everything looks ok but the status report still has the little red triangle next to the firmware is latest and if I click on it it still says the same thing about conditioning the battery. Has anyone else noticed this and what do you do about it.Battery history shows 17 flights and 97% battery life.

Edit: I took another battery charged it to 100% (18 charges only) same little red warning triangle next to Normal (lastest firmware) and when I touch it still read battery needs conditioning, this time I ran it down till the battery turned off and charged it all the way up and still has the little warning triangle.
Do they expect us to condition the batteries now after every flight and why is there nothing that says the battery has been conditioned.

I have a ph #3 and I updated it also and It doesn't get that warning Triangle to condition the battery.

Last edited:
I took the battery down to 2% then fully charged it up even turned the battery back on and charged it up till it turned off everything looks ok but the status report still has the little red triangle next to the firmware is latest and if I click on it it still says the same thing about conditioning the battery. Has anyone else noticed this and what do you do about it.Battery history shows 17 flights and 97% battery life.

Edit: I took another battery charged it to 100% (18 charges only) same little red warning triangle next to Normal (lastest firmware) and when I touch it still read battery needs conditioning, this time I ran it down till the battery turned off and charged it all the way up and still has the little warning triangle.
Do they expect us to condition the batteries now after every flight and why is there nothing that says the battery has been conditioned.

I have a ph #3 and I updated it also and It doesn't get that warning Triangle to condition the battery.
I have the same problem.Please, help!

I have the same problem.Please, help!
The battery conditioning was a requirement for 1.3 and not the current firmware. When I installed the latest firmware it did not require any battery updates or reconditioning.

To recondition your battery: charge the battery to 100%. Do all your pre flight checks with a different battery. Then put in the batter you wish to recondition and immediately take off and run the battery down without stopping. Then immediately recharge the battery to 100%.

On another thread they did say that you have to take it down to 3.3v. That means fly it until you have to land and then either leave it on to drain it down to 3.3v, which what was recommended, or someone else said to use the battery to Controller charger cable to use up the voltage. The downside there is that you have no idea what the internal voltage is. I'd recommend using the Inspire and just leave it running to drain it down. It will take some time. Mine took another 15-20 min to drain down to 3.3 after force landing at 10%.

I'm back... Blimey sooo much has changed since I've Been away, new gimbal/camera, need to get used to the one I've already got.

Also another go app:eek: Right the 1st thing I better do is upgrade the firmware on my inspire to the latest version, the one that came out just before I went on my hols, a month ago;) I've just got to remember how to do it, been so long:eek:

Has there been any problems with the latest release?

Just make sure that you do 1.3 first if you haven't done so and then do 1.4. No issues that I've heard so far.

Hi Mr smith;)

1.3 is already installed, done that when it 1st came out. I'll crack on with 1.4 this weekend.

Thanks for reminding me though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1