Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flouting the law?

When I said it was totally illegal he said he didn't see any no fly regulations for Freeways....

.... OMG I can't wait for the Police to be issues with 'Drone Tasers'.
I believe he is also using a copyright music track on there as well with no acknowledgements
Bizarrely, that will probably get him a wrap on the knuckles more than his ****** flying !

Okay they seem to be calling for my head on a pike over at MavicPilots... :D:D
That's a strange request?........

head-on-a-pike.png

Ohhhhhhh.......not that sort of pike?

Okay they seem to be calling for my head on a pike over at MavicPilots... :D:D
On a serious note, whats the opinion on flying at night??
*my opinion only, not proven ;)
Everything negative that we came up with so far AND THEN SOME.

Night flying will be common among these guys I'm afraid. Again, the anti collision stuff calls out for experiments no experienced pilot would ever think of doing.

Realising my glass looks less than half empty right now :)

This is the same guy that was requesting information on how to fly above the 400ft ceiling and proclaiming to see his Mavic easily over a mile away.... He also published his personal mobile and said he doesn't care about the FAA.

Yet another great pilot to have in the Drone community... :rolleyes:

ps. Not stereotyping at all!! But he lives in Kentucky....

view:
Drone Legislation Passes Kentucky Senate Committee

It's to be expected now that we are in a world where the Marketing copy takes precedence over both the engineering and operational integrity.

The manufacturers have a big part in this, "Anyone can fly", etc. But it goes a bit deeper to a sense of entitlement that seems to permeate the culture.

It would appear that spending a few hundred on a small toy UAV not only gives one the right to do as they **** well please, but also instantly qualifies the purchaser as an expert in aviation law and the regulatory framework.

There is an ugly arrogance to this industry and it ain't pretty when it raises its head.

I had a beer yesterday with my neighbour who is a commercial airline pilot, he asked me if I was 'still flying the accident waiting to happen'. I quizzed him about the feeling in the industry and he was very negative and said the union is lobbying to have stronger laws. The drone has now replaced the Green Laser as the pilots enemy it seems.

As an un-licensed drone enthusiast but an aircraft geek I can only try to educate friends and pilots that the majority are responsible. However as my neighbour said, thats the story of all tragedy.

This is the same guy that was requesting information on how to fly above the 400ft ceiling and proclaiming to see his Mavic easily over a mile away.... He also published his personal mobile and said he doesn't care about the FAA.

Yet another great pilot to have in the Drone community... :rolleyes:

ps. Not stereotyping at all!! But he lives in Kentucky....

view:
Drone Legislation Passes Kentucky Senate Committee
Great, I'd give his phone number to the FAA and anything else that would help identify him.

On a serious note, whats the opinion on flying at night??

Disclaimer: NOT ME another idiot* from other forum...

*my opinion only, not proven ;)

There's nothing wrong with flying at night, per-se. My company has a night-time waiver -- but that's an example of a night excursion in a built up area that's not safe. a) no collision lights b) way too high for nighttime flying, and c) I have my doubts about actual visual line of sight, too.

Cheers

There's nothing wrong with flying at night, per-se. My company has a night-time waiver -- but that's an example of a night excursion in a built up area that's not safe. a) no collision lights b) way too high for nighttime flying, and c) I have my doubts about actual visual line of sight, too.

Cheers
Yeah pretty much and idiot, here's already declared he doesn't care about FAA ...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah pretty much and idiot, here's already declared he doesn't care about FAA ...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, all it takes is one call to the Louisville FSDO and the FAA will definitely care about HIM. Now to be honest, the FAA is generally taking a relatively light touch, e.g.:

First offense: educate the offender (warning notice)
Second offense: smack on wrist (letter of correction)
Third offense: civil penalties, and not a traffic ticket (your bank account is gang-raped)

Cheers

The thing is, it is very tempting to find out what the limits are of these little toylike but incredibly capable gadgets. I can understand that first time buyers don't read the manual or any safety guides. They just take it out of the box, charge the battery and take it for a spin. Because they regard it as the latest gadget. Not as an aircraft. The FPV screen gives an impression of total control and orientation, while it isn't at all, but people don't realise that until it's too late.
Also, the anti collision system is trusted for 100% by these folks. It's on there so it should work.
The fortunate ones will only lose there Mavik in the trees.
Like this one, his Mavik went in RTH into a palmtree and he couldn't get it out. He went to a nearby shop to buy a football to throw in the hope to get it out, only to find his brand new Mavik stolen.

We will see tons of these stories on the tubes.

Manufacturers like DJI are to blame, telling the public for 2 years already that everybody can fly a drone. They can't, they can only press a finger on a smartphone screen.

It's only the beginning.
Lost it? OUTSTANDING!

Reactions: William Gaddy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk