Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flouting the law?

Drones attract a lot of completely-non-aviation type of people, who never thought of flying anything ever. That's the problem. The 'good old' RC flyers can be trusted with this stuff, even if they take it beyond what's legal. They know the risk and when they take it, it's calculated most of the time.

But Joe the Public can't, Joe doesn't even understand what makes it fly or move forward. And Joe doesn't care because DJI told him everybody can fly a camera, his grandmother, his 6 year old daughter, his wife and his dog. (not in the fine print in the manual of course, but nobody cares anyway, who reads a manual?)

As I posted on the MavicBoyRacer.com site...... (MavicPilots.com):
mavichardhat.jpg

The NEW DJI™ optional 'Hard Hats' available at your dealer!! :p:p:p

Going to be an interesting year for drone enthusiasts..... I see new harsher rules and laws, more NFZ's over park areas and stronger Police enforcement.
sure.
I think most people by now expect that. I wonder how that will impact the sales. The recall of the Karma also has a very negative impact on the whole consumer drone market. People I spoke, typical prosumer photographers, first time drone buyers, who bought the Karma, just because they happend to have a couple of Gopro's already, (had to)sent it back for refund and are calling it quits. They will not buy another drone anytime soon and expect the drone laws to become unworkable for them anyway, as a hobbyist. And they tell everybody who wants to know.

Even kids don't want the little toy drones anymore or their parents refuse to buy them because they are afraid of the rules, that they don't know, or even understand if they knew. I see Revell Micro hexacopters and Nanocopters in the shops here for under 10Euro. And the shelves are full.

Wouldn't say we all gentlemanly, majority just stopped to read the manual and do the research prior to flying. Can't entirely blame the new age pilots, the current message from DJI seems to be 'Anyone can fly!' so guess the real question is do the manufacturers need to take a little responsibility?

sure.
I think most people by now expect that. I wonder how that will impact the sales. The recall of the Karma also has a very negative impact on the whole consumer drone market. People I spoke, typical prosumer photographers, first time drone buyers, who bought the Karma, just because they happend to have a couple of Gopro's already, (had to)sent it back for refund and are calling it quits. They will not buy another drone anytime soon and expect the drone laws to become unworkable for them anyway, as a hobbyist. And they tell everybody who wants to know.

Even kids don't want the little toy drones anymore or their parents refuse to buy them because they are afraid of the rules, that they don't know, or even understand if they knew. I see Revell Micro hexacopters and Nanocopters in the shops here for under 10Euro. And the shelves are full.
I put this to DJI sales but the guy just pointed me to the disclaimers on their Website... Not a bit interested in the market collapse if the laws change.... :(

sure.

That said, I think there will still be a huge market for up close personal drones that aren't covered by any law because of the small size and weight and a restriction to 30m distance and 10m height. Ideal for action sport selfies and the occasional wedding shoot and sunsets. And these will be flown by anybody who owns a smartphone. And that's is not only to come, but to stay.

Reactions: UAV Man
Wouldn't say we all gentlemanly, majority just stopped to read the manual and do the research prior to flying. Can't entirely blame the new age pilots, the current message from DJI seems to be 'Anyone can fly!' so guess the real question is do the manufacturers need to take a little responsibility?
Some
The whole thing is a quagmire

That said, I think there will still be a huge market for up close personal drones that aren't covered by any law because of the small size and weight and a restriction to 30m distance and 10m height. Ideal for action sport selfies and the occasional wedding shoot and sunsets. And these will be flown by anybody who owns a smartphone. And that's is not only to come, but to stay.
Totally! That is the future market, once the rules enforce the 50m range which will happen I'm sure and the weight limit to below 500g.

I have a small eachines my wife plays with, great fun. I looked at a Dobby recently for some Christmas selfie fun. The Inspire with Prop guards is a little big for the dinning room!! :p

Reactions: lake_flyer
It's all going off over on the MavicPilots.... seems to be a divide between US and the rest of the world... Also common sense :rolleyes: 'flouting the law' is a sport now!! LOL
I finally got some reinforcements:cool:
Tired of getting jumped over here:(

Last edited:

As a licensed operator it would seem beneficial for the consumer market to trend in this direction and keep enthusiasts on a close tether, allowing pros to service the actual drone needs in the market. (Sorry Slamma.)

But I'm sure dji, yuneeq, and go pro, others have done more market research, and if the mavic, karma concepts are what they are putting out, that alone would suggest otherwise.

Report this to the authorities. This idiot will totally kill it for professionals.
My guess is that by the time the inspire 2 comes out, drone flying will be banned totally even for 107's and SFOC operators.

Report this to the authorities. This idiot will totally kill it for professionals.
My guess is that by the time the inspire 2 comes out, drone flying will be banned totally even for 107's and SFOC operators.
When I said it was totally illegal he said he didn't see any no fly regulations for Freeways....

.... OMG I can't wait for the Police to be issues with 'Drone Tasers'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla