Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying in"downtown"

Reaction score
Website
www.ctmphotovideo.com
Hey gents, as I continue to learn the rules and regulations of operating our sUAS safely I do need help and guidance at times.

I had a friend ask me about a scenerio that I did not have an answer do due to my lack of complete knowledge. So I would like to ask the gurus here!

Assuming the pilot has all required certifications.... A production company wants to film scenes flying throughout a downtown location. Tall buildings and what not. This downtown location is also located within 5nm of an airport. With the rules about flying over people and moving vehicles prohibit this flight? Could filming during a certain time of day be a teasonable "work around", as if filming early on a Sunday morning when people are less likely to be out and driving? Also, from what I understand, you simply have to notify the airport of your intentions/operations?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

Hey gents, as I continue to learn the rules and regulations of operating our sUAS safely I do need help and guidance at times.

I had a friend ask me about a scenerio that I did not have an answer do due to my lack of complete knowledge. So I would like to ask the gurus here!

Assuming the pilot has all required certifications.... A production company wants to film scenes flying throughout a downtown location. Tall buildings and what not. This downtown location is also located within 5nm of an airport. With the rules about flying over people and moving vehicles prohibit this flight? Could filming during a certain time of day be a teasonable "work around", as if filming early on a Sunday morning when people are less likely to be out and driving? Also, from what I understand, you simply have to notify the airport of your intentions/operations?

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

Yes!

Flying downtown is never a good idea,to many people and vehicles below. The only way I can see it allowed is if you get the permits and close down the area including traffic where the filming would happen.

Reactions: Charles.mabry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla