Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying over NYS Troopers

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... and you wonder why drone restriction/geo fencing/licence will be made compulsory.

Not the smartest thing to be found on Youtube.

There can be good cops and bad cops however you are not doing your (our) cause any justice.

Reactions: Frazier and resulto
The person that made most (I don't think all) of those videos had made a career of challenging police enforcements of laws -- and non-laws, via the site: CopBlock | Reporting Police Abuse, Brutality, and Corruption
Clearly, drones are one of the better ways to get cops to act irrationally, and this individual used this method for maximum results. I'm as bothered as anyone else when the police decide on a whim what the actual laws are -- and we are all affected by this. But I have to think that there are better ways to go about this -- does anyone really think in these cases that the police have gained a better understanding of the laws regarding drones? I think instead it brands us all as troublemakers.

I've encountered police and quasi security people many times while flying, and all has ended well. Things were learned all around.

FWIW, areas above or near any kind of correctional facility or military installation in Canada are Class F (F stands for get the **** out of there) and overflight is strictly forbidden. Not sure what the law is in the USA though.

Edited by a moderator for language

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tweaker
I think instead it brands us all as troublemakers.
Troublemaker's? NO
I pulled out my I.D. they told me to put it back in my pocket. Always shake hands before parting ways. I fly no problems just have to explain what and why.

This is all in my back yard. The guy who filmed it went on to touch a little girl, fled to mexico, and found dead in his hotel room. He was always baiting police around here. He crashed a phantom into the capitol building in albany. He was an idiot. He was right in a lot of cases, but went about tit all wrong. He is dead though.

Reactions: tweaker
You trying to film a correctional facility???
No wonder we get such a bad rep!!! This whole thread should be deleted and you should be banned from this site.
And what does these anti police musings have to do with UAVs?
I have had nothing but positive interactions with cops when I am flying...
I didn't see it as anti police
Your a Retired Chief of Police you could never have a negative interaction:p
Top video at 2:26 Professionalism at its best;)
otherwise form YOuR own Opinion

This is all in my back yard. The guy who filmed it went on to touch a little girl, fled to mexico, and found dead in his hotel room. He was always baiting police around here. He crashed a phantom into the capitol building in albany. He was an idiot. He was right in a lot of cases, but went about tit all wrong. He is dead though.

huh?
crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell