Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying the I1 Inside a Classic Car Garage

I fly inside a lot, in an industrial environment. Yes, ATTI mode, and I've found it makes it's own turbulence in hallways. Going through doors is very challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another illustration of someone not thinking about what could happen if something goes wrong. And also using a drone just use a drone.

A drone is a tool to use for certain situations.

From what I see in this video, a mini crane could've been used instead which wouldn't have been as much of a risk.

Reactions: SkipTV
Agreed on the risk of indoor flying but how many folks have a mini crane laying around to shoot a video for fun. That is what makes drones and aerial imaging so fun. It is not limited to what you can do and as always keeping the safety of the public as a top priority

Reactions: Keeper
I agree, I just think in this particular case, it would be less risky to rent a mini tripod mounted jib and get pretty much the same results. that way the videographer wouldn't have had to risk damaging the expensive drone, or worse one of the cars.

Another illustration of someone not thinking about what could happen if something goes wrong. And also using a drone just use a drone.

From what I see in this video, a mini crane could've been used instead which wouldn't have been as much of a risk.

Agree 100 percent, or how about an Osmo

What do you guys think?

Awesome, using the machine for what they are intended. Great lines flown. I have done lots of work in studios and wharehouses and find them tricky at the best of times. Well done. Always minimise the risk and go for it despite what some may say. Drones are the future and fly within your abilities.

Reactions: MaxiVideos
Agree, that where possible a jib would be safer, but a mini jib couldn't give the coverage captured here.

Big concern about the 'what if' aspect of the job. I doubt the insurers of these classic cars would pay up if they knew a drone crashed into one. Perhaps the pilot had enough public liability to pay for a windscreen or bodywork.

I don't have a mini crane and got the drone for the purpose of using it.

Reactions: Dic181
Agree, that where possible a jib would be safer, but a mini jib couldn't give the coverage captured here.

Big concern about the 'what if' aspect of the job. I doubt the insurers of these classic cars would pay up if they knew a drone crashed into one. Perhaps the pilot had enough public liability to pay for a windscreen or bodywork.
I work with these cars and have full insurance, but you are right.

Awesome, using the machine for what they are intended. Great lines flown. I have done lots of work in studios and wharehouses and find them tricky at the best of times. Well done. Always minimise the risk and go for it despite what some may say. Drones are the future and fly within your abilities.

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Dic181
Mavic would be perfect for this and far more stable and 'locked in' since it's vision positioning system is far more advanced than the Inspires.
It also has collision avoidance (could be handy) and sensor redundancy for an extra level of safety. :)

Reactions: Keeper
From the demo's I have seen, the mavic picture quality is nowhere near as good as even a phantom 4. Surely you use the Inspire because of the picture quality. BTW I use prop guards for interiors to reduce the damage risk if their is a collision.

From the demo's I have seen, the mavic picture quality is nowhere near as good as even a phantom 4. Surely you use the Inspire because of the picture quality. BTW I use prop guards for interiors to reduce the damage risk if their is a collision.
No, the picture quality is as good as a P4 (which is slightly above the Inspires X3).
The videos you have seen are posted by individuals who are clueless that the Mavic must be focussed as it is not a fixed focus camera like the X3.

No you could not use a "mini-crane" the don't have the reach nor are there ones that act like a techno crane. Properly flown a Drone is a great way of getting this footage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell