Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying with adaptors from Infinity Hobby and T-motor 14 X 4,8 carbon proppellers

I have now about 70 flights with the T- Motor propellers and the adapters from Infinity Hobby - I am so pleased with this setup. The propellers are very expensive but the adapters are cheap. I am very confident with the adapters and that is very important for me. It is more quiet - it has a very precise response - the flightime is as original setup. ( Maybe slightly improved )
Are the adaptors self-tightening? Do they all screw on the same, or are the counter-rotating props reverse thread?

Are the adaptors self-tightening? Do they all screw on the same, or are the counter-rotating props reverse thread?
They all screw the same. But the construction seems to be very smart - I have now about 200 flights with them - some flights very rough. There is no signs of wear and there is no loosening at all. I really love these adapters.
You should also be aware that I have bought T- Motor 14 propellers and I am using the T-Motort top plate ( that comes with the propellers) together with the adapters. This is a setup I am very very pleased with - that despite what the "experts" says.

They all screw the same. But the construction seems to be very smart - I have now about 200 flights with them - some flights very rough. There is no signs of wear and there is no loosening at all. I really love these adapters.
You should also be aware that I have bought T- Motor 14 propellers and I am using the T-Motort top plate ( that comes with the propellers) together with the adapters. This is a setup I am very very pleased with - that despite what the "experts" says.
Accident waiting to happen, you must be tightening the counter rotating adaptors very hard….

Accident waiting to happen, you must be tightening the counter rotating adaptors very hard….
Try it and you will see - they can not come loose as the top adapters have a two slices that fits on two tops on the bottom adapter.
Yes accident will happen sooner or later - but I think not due to propeller loosening. The day they loose I will tell here on this forum and also admit that I was wrong. But for now I am using them with greate confident.

Try it and you will see - they can not come loose as the top adapters have a two slices that fits on two tops on the bottom adapter.
Yes accident will happen sooner or later - but I think not due to propeller loosening. The day they loose I will tell here on this forum and also admit that I was wrong. But for now I am using them with greate confident.
It can happen…
uploadfromtaptalk1444478398990.jpg

Then it can happen..... Me wrong

Still happy with mine - but will not recommend them for others anymore.
Thanks for telling

Then it can happen..... Me wrong

Still happy with mine - but will not recommend them for others anymore.
Thanks for telling
Just be sure to tighten the counter rotating adapters very hard, then cross your fingers and hope you never get the error message, "not enough force"

Fingers crossed.

Have you reported this to Infinity Hobby - they have (at least for me) a greate customer service ?

Fingers crossed.

Have you reported this to Infinity Hobby - they have (at least for me) a greate customer service ?
They're closed for holiday but email with pictures sent, hopefully they'll accept responsibility for bad design and change to a self tightening, reverse threading, adaptor for the counter rotating props. The other counter rotating adaptor was also coming loose…

They're closed for holiday but email with pictures sent, hopefully they'll accept responsibility for bad design and change to a self tightening, reverse threading, adaptor for the counter rotating props. The other counter rotating adaptor was also coming loose…
I am so sorry you have this accident - and frankly - it scares me a bit. I will follow this case if you please will report back. It seems that no system is bulletproof.

I suppose my first question is - why? What's wrong with stock props?

My second question is what were your calculations for the additional loading factor for swinging 14x4.8 props.
The steeper pitch (and additional length) will draw additional current) - did you calculate for this to factor in:
  • Current at hover
  • Change in rpm at max climb out
  • Change in % of efficiency for a tuned system
  • Wasted power in Watts in altering prop chord
  • Increase in temperature of motors
  • Change in estimated rate of climb
I'm sure you have thought of all of these but thought I would mention it.
...hHhahahahhahh...

Reactions: crashburn
The Editor always has valid concerns, nothing wrong with stock, but the 14x4.8 props are an improvement, just need 2 adaptors with reverse threads for the counter rotating props so they are self tightening. I will certainly be using a set on at least one of my Inspires, and if it crashes again at least I have backups to fly. I have to live up to my name and provide humor for the more conservative Pilots.

Reactions: The Editor
The Editor always has valid concerns, nothing wrong with stock, but the 14x4.8 props are an improvement, just need 2 adaptors with reverse threads for the counter rotating props so they are self tightening. I will certainly be using a set on at least one of my Inspires, and if it crashes again at least I have backups to fly. I have to live up to my name and provide humor for the more conservative Pilots.
i have a set of these adapters, i am very happy with them, we fly with our own choices, but i'd just like to ask in the quote above you say you 'will certainly be using a set' is that the infinite hobby set or the stock props and adapters, i ask because you crashed with one set, do you still trust them. it's just your case was quoted to me as a definitive that these adapters are sub-standard and i dont feel they are at the price they cost.

Is there any other way to tighten anything but very hard? How did you tighten yours....loosely?
Now that's a wonderful thought "when you think about it"
i have a set of these adapters, i am very happy with them, we fly with our own choices, but i'd just like to ask in the quote above you say you 'will certainly be using a set' is that the infinite hobby set or the stock props and adapters, i ask because you crashed with one set, do you still trust them. it's just your case was quoted to me as a definitive that these adapters are sub-standard and i dont feel they are at the price they cost.
No, I'm flying with CF props with Lynn Phan adaptors, don't trust those Infinity ones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez