Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying with adaptors from Infinity Hobby and T-motor 14 X 4,8 carbon proppellers

Infinity ones are 100% safe...you just have to install them properly ...Lynn Phan is a rip off
i have to agree with you, i can't see how they can come off if the shoulder ring is tightened enough. there's been a lot of fuss on the facebook groups with people getting banned including me for recommending them.

i have to agree with you, i can't see how they can come off if the shoulder ring is tightened enough. there's been a lot of fuss on the facebook groups with people getting banned including me for recommending them.

I'm going to have to chime in here as well, LP may have a great product but I will never know, I have been looking to add a CF prop to my lineup of products here in Canada (I wholesale order popular products into Canada to help cut down on the exchange rate / import fee markup).
I recently contacted LP and when I asked him today for some info, side by side comparisons / etc between his product (which I believe is a great product) to help demonstrate to my clients why his are a better buy, he told me "he doesn't need to" because his are so good.

I don't doubt his products are great but with an attitude like that I would just as soon never bring in his line. People ask questions and need info when they are shelling out $$ and for me offering to purchase 50 pairs outright I think the least he could do is give me a little info to help me sell them to my clients.

I'm going to have to chime in here as well, LP may have a great product but I will never know, I have been looking to add a CF prop to my lineup of products here in Canada (I wholesale order popular products into Canada to help cut down on the exchange rate / import fee markup).
I recently contacted LP and when I asked him today for some info, side by side comparisons / etc between his product (which I believe is a great product) to help demonstrate to my clients why his are a better buy, he told me "he doesn't need to" because his are so good.

I don't doubt his products are great but with an attitude like that I would just as soon never bring in his line. People ask questions and need info when they are shelling out $$ and for me offering to purchase 50 pairs outright I think the least he could do is give me a little info to help me sell them to my clients.

The LP FAQ is here:

Dropbox - inspire precision cf hub faq v4.pdf

And just one other thing, I have billet aluminium bars on my race jet ski that cost less than Lyn Phans four little adapters

He is a rip off

That does absolutely nothing to explain why his are any better than the infinity hobby ones (I should have clarified here). Instead he came across as a conceited prick selling overpriced junk. For the life of me I cannot see any benefit of his over the infinity hobby ones. It also appears that the infinity hobby ones are both CW & CCW threaded. Where as the LP overpriced ones are all the same way.
(Edit I'm not sure which are the new ones .. The video Perth posted shows them all the same but a video on their website appeared to show them different?)

He's needs to work on his PR. Currently it's rock bottom.

Reactions: PerthPilot
Infinity Hobby adaptors are all 4 CW threaded, unless they changed to CW and CCW threads after my crash. Their response to me was very cavalier, that they intentionally designed them that way and because of ease of removal by customers. If they have changed their threading to reverse CCW for the 2 counterrotating props, then their adaptors should be very good, otherwise a very flawed design

Infinity Hobby adaptors are all 4 CW threaded, unless they changed to CW and CCW threads after my crash. Their response to me was very cavalier, that they intentionally designed them that way and because of ease of removal by customers. If they have changed their threading to reverse CCW for the 2 counterrotating props, then their adaptors should be very good, otherwise a very flawed design

Loosened up and lost one ??

Has anyone found any benefit over stock props? If you want more responsive, up your gains. Quieter? Marginal at best. I can see three major disadvantages:
  1. Extra cost.
  2. Higher risk of injury.
  3. More complicated to remove.
Don't get me wrong. I run 17" and 18" T-Motor CF props on my X8 birds and they work really well. But those are heavy lifters!

Has anyone found any benefit over stock props? If you want more responsive, up your gains. Quieter? Marginal at best. I can see three major disadvantages:
  1. Extra cost.
  2. Higher risk of injury.
  3. More complicated to remove.
Don't get me wrong. I run 17" and 18" T-Motor CF props on my X8 birds and they work really well. But those are heavy lifters!

See the FAQ.

Oh. And they don't fall off in flight.

Reactions: crashburn
I read it. I'm pretty sure all the more precise, more responsive, quieter claims are all questionable. There's certainly no data to support it. The only significant difference in the DJI props is they flex and the CF only ones don't. I think the flex is key to reducing vibration in turbulent air which these things see more often than not.

The only other difference is the mount. DJI ones clip in while these screw in. I'm sure LP's won't fall off. I am also pretty sure the 1345T won't fall off either. It took DJI three attempts but they got it right the third time around.

I read it. I'm pretty sure all the more precise, more responsive, quieter claims are all questionable. There's certainly no data to support it. The only significant difference in the DJI props is they flex and the CF only ones don't. I think the flex is key to reducing vibration in turbulent air which these things see more often than not.

The only other difference is the mount. DJI ones clip in while these screw in. I'm sure LP's won't fall off. I am also pretty sure the 1345T won't fall off either. It took DJI three attempts but they got it right the third time around.

I've measured the sound levels myself using a decibel level. CF props are measurably quieter in flight and hover.

The agility I don't make a priority since gains work for me there to dial in.

For me, about to mount the X5R on my Pro with aux batteries for redundancy and flight time, the 14x4.8 T-Motor props are much better suited to the higher workload and I've witnessed over the past 8 months how they smooth flight with wind gusts. The plastic props tip the craft when wind hits them. The CF props seem to just slice through wind and that makes for a much smoother platform. Yaw is smoother, even in high wind.

I've seen first hand reports of the 1345T's coming off. Search the forum here. In general, the terms "quick release" and "prop" shouldn't be used in the same sentence. 1st gen props + locks are my backup sets.

Either use the first-gen auto tightening props with locks for redundancy or use a prop CF prop and mounting solution that isn't a half-baked "quick release" design if you really don't want your props coming off in flight.

Instead of reading about it, why don't you get a set of T-Motors and try them out yourself?

Having said all that: CF props are NOT for close quarter usage and are dangerous. Children and small animals should be nowhere in sight when you mount these things. But on windy days in open shots and with heavier workloads, I don't use anything else.

Last edited:
Sounds like damoncooper is either getting a cut from LP's profits or related to him lol. I personally have dealt with LP and he could send me free props for all I care I wouldn't recommend anyone to him. His attitude / business model is all wrong.

You like your props Damon, awesome. But there are plenty of options that are much cheaper and do just as good a job, possibly even better. And at the prices he charges you could change to new. props all the time for "added security" and still be "in the black".

With all that said if my 1350T props fly off and cause a crash, I'm not worried.. DJI will replace it.

Sounds like you are full of horseshit and have an axe to grind.

They aren't my props. They are T-Motors. Use whatever adapter you like.

Don't call me a thief or a swindler. Use your real name instead of hiding behind your little screen handle like a *****.

Sorry I meant LP's adapters .. Please excuse the mistake !! And I hide behind my screen handle cause the keyboard warriors are always watching !! Don't want them typing scary messages to me and such !! I'm sure you understand ha ha ha ha

AmazingTech Aliminum Aadapter Quick Release Holder for DJI Inpsire 1 CW/CCW 2-Pairs $39.02 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com

Guys this adapters are really nice very clean light weight design what I do is I have a unbreakable rule no mater what, even if the the sun is almost gone and the director is rushing every new flight has to have a quick preflight check and one of those checks is check if the props are tight like I said EVERY FLIGHT

if you order this pay for a faster shipping the free shipping takes like 3 weeks

Attachments

• IMG_6783.JPG
    IMG_6783.JPG
    829.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6784.JPG
    IMG_6784.JPG
    876.1 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: KyleMaxxUav
AmazingTech Aliminum Aadapter Quick Release Holder for DJI Inpsire 1 CW/CCW 2-Pairs $39.02 Free Shipping @GoodLuckBuy.com

Guys this adapters are really nice very clean light weight design what I do is I have a unbreakable rule no mater what, even if the the sun is almost gone and the director is rushing every new flight has to have a quick preflight check and one of those checks is check if the props are tight like I said EVERY FLIGHT

if you order this pay for a faster shipping the free shipping takes like 3 weeks

I ordered the set that came with 1345 props two weeks ago after reading a post on them, hopefully it will arrive in another week or two. I don't expect much from free shipping. My used inspire has the old style quick releases which seem to have a bit of play in them. Hopefully I won't crash by then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide