Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Flying with batteries

Reaction score
Hi. I am traveling with 6 Inspire batteries, not an insignificant investment. I have a multi-tool which has no knife, and is TSA approved. I flew with it about 10 times. A few weeks ago, a TSA agent confiscated it. I had no recourse.

Is there any documentation you know of that I can print out and show to an agent who decides that I can't board with plane with my batteries?

Thank you all!

JonnyVermont

Hi. I am traveling with 6 Inspire batteries, not an insignificant investment. I have a multi-tool which has no knife, and is TSA approved. I flew with it about 10 times. A few weeks ago, a TSA agent confiscated it. I had no recourse.

Is there any documentation you know of that I can print out and show to an agent who decides that I can't board with plane with my batteries?

Thank you all!

JonnyVermont
Assume there are no more than 2 TB48's within your 6? Otherwise they WILL get seized (assuming the particular TSA individual knows what they are looking at)

image.png In Australia we have an App issued by CASA (= FAA) which will inform you what you can take onboard an commercial airline, including drone (any Lipo Batteries), etc. I can screen shot that page if you like.

As for your multi tool, then I assume it has a screwdriver, scissors, etc which are banned. I never carry that onboard and I always check it in as cargo hold.

Thank you all!

JonnyVermont
I traveled with 6 TB 48's had to split them 2 each with my wife and daughter to get on the plane

Reactions: Tommy Bayshore
What did the TSA say initially? Did you have them in LIPO bags? I'm getting ready to head to the Keys i a week with my drone and 6 TB48s so just want to be prepared

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

What did the TSA say initially? Did you have them in LIPO bags? I'm getting ready to head to the Keys i a week with my drone and 6 TB48s so just want to be prepared

I had them in my carry on. They all had the contact area taped to prevent accidental shorting. I was pulled aside after the belt scan machine. They asked to examine bag and I gave OK. Questioned what the batteries were and said I was only allowed 2 at this capacity and they are not permitted in checked luggage. I asked if I could split them up with my wife and daughter. I was given the ok and that's how we proceeded. This was at Philadelphia international. I flew to Salt Lake City and had no issues when returning to Phila.

Reactions: Tommy Bayshore

You will not be allowed to travel with 6 TB48's unless you are travelling with three people or more and you can split them amongst you.
Travelling with Inspire batteries is extremely well documented already on this forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry