Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Folding Props - Winglet Style

Thank you for that response, FDS. I'll definitely order some of these. AeroMirage, I do remember reading with interest your comparison of the competing folding props, although I didn't recall noticing the winglet design. (How could I miss that???) Thanks to both of you.

For what it's worth, I replaced the stock I2 props and mounts with T-Motor "fixed" props some time ago and I was already pretty happy with those. I'll try these "folders" on my second I2.

Thank you for that response, FDS. I'll definitely order some of these. AeroMirage, I do remember reading with interest your comparison of the competing folding props, although I didn't recall noticing the winglet design. (How could I miss that???) Thanks to both of you.

For what it's worth, I replaced the stock I2 props and mounts with T-Motor "fixed" props some time ago and I was already pretty happy with those. I'll try these "folders" on my second I2.
You're welcome.
The cool thing about the folding props is they fit in the stock case with a little modification to the lid.
Never have to take them off. And I don't!

Which adapter did you use when you added the fixed blade T-Motor prop?

I have these and love them. I have also used the Heliengadin and did a comparison.
See: Comparing Heliengagen and T-Motor CF Props

Hi Aero,

As you know much discussions regarding the stock Inspire 2 props over the past year and DJI has not really offered a good solution. I have many replacement prop sets that just are not tight. The more you fly the Inspire 2 they will loosen up even more. The stock props on my Inspire 1 were always tight even after more than 150 flights.

I did not see your comparison post here as I do not spend a lot of time in this forum (sorry guys). I already purchased the T-Motor props a couple of weeks ago and reading your post now makes me feel even better about my decision. The guys at FDS were very helpful and my order was processed quickly. They even followed up with some tips for replacing my props after the sale! Nice customer service..... I just need to get the props installed, been to busy and the weather has been terrible.

Thanks for taking the time providing an excellent review of these props.

Rich

hi there what type of case do you have i am on converting my hprc landing mode case i had too buy new foam when you cut out round pro mounts and wingletts theres nothing left on the foam on the outer side

Order confirmed on Tuesday - received on Saturday. Excellent service! One of the packages did not contain the mounting screws but I believe I have extras from previous T-Motor purchases (and that was a manufacturer booboo having nothing to do with Florida Drone Supply). I was surprised by how snug the propellors were in their fittings, but I suppose that was for the purpose of shipping. These props look GREAT. When the weather clears I'm gonna have big fun. Thank you very much, FDS!

Suggestion. Open the props manually then use CSC to start motors. Let idle a second to adjust props then liftoff. I have heard there is a little unsteadiness if using auto take off. {I never used auto launch.}
Enjoy, Peace of mind and reliability!!

Suggestion. Open the props manually then use CSC to start motors. Let idle a second to adjust props then liftoff. I have heard there is a little unsteadiness if using auto take off. {I never used auto launch.}
Enjoy, Peace of mind and reliability!!

I have never used auto takeoff myself but will give it a try to see if there is an issue.

Order confirmed on Tuesday - received on Saturday. Excellent service! One of the packages did not contain the mounting screws but I believe I have extras from previous T-Motor purchases (and that was a manufacturer booboo having nothing to do with Florida Drone Supply). I was surprised by how snug the propellors were in their fittings, but I suppose that was for the purpose of shipping. These props look GREAT. When the weather clears I'm gonna have big fun. Thank you very much, FDS!

Thank you for your support, we do recommend loosening the prop to hub retaining screws ever so slightly to allow the props to open up easier and always remember to open them up completely as the prop would be in flight.

You'd think there would be a specific torque setting, wouldn't you? All I have ever been told, when I've asked that question, is loose enough to easily fold them outward into flight position - but not floppy loose. Mine are working GREAT!

hi guys, do you know what torque setting these should be set with ??
It is a matter of feel. Even with a prescribed torque value it would not guarantie that all props would move equally freely. There are other factors like smoothness of the CF surface etc. Minor variation in all external factors can be easily mitigated with feel. Only tighten the screws enough to allow props swinging around the pivot point without much force but they should not fold when tapping on the motor in horizontal position.

Last edited:
I've got a Q for those of you saying you use T-Motor props, but have the Heliengadins as backup - wouldn't you need 2 complete sets, and, to be safe, backups for at least one? It seems like if you had to put a single set of Heliengadins on with 3 sets of T-Motors, that would be asking for trouble, at the very least, a rough flight. Thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet