Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

FPV camera mounted on m600

Reaction score
Website
www.beverlyhillsaerials.com
Ive been trying to set up a FPV cam. So far I have discovered that their is a AV port on the lightbridge that appears to be able to work. Ive ordered a cable pack from B and H and now I'm trying to figure out what camera would work best. Anyone have a model they have purchased on line ? and or any tips ?

considering setting up a HD FPV...

Ive been trying to set up a FPV cam. So far I have discovered that their is a AV port on the lightbridge that appears to be able to work. Ive ordered a cable pack from B and H and now I'm trying to figure out what camera would work best. Anyone have a model they have purchased on line ? and or any tips ?

considering setting up a HD FPV...

Contact @Florida Drone Supply they have an M600 with an FPV camera installed. I have flown it and it woks well.

I definitely have a couple suggestions / pointers you.

We have an M600 that had this camera on it: Iftron Technologies

It worked great. One of the big considerations in picking a camera is the voltage it accepts for power. If I remember correctly, the M600 port supplies 9V. Many of the cameras (Fat Shark, etc) only operate at 5V and 9V will break them. The one above accepts from 5-15V.

Another camera we heard works is made by RunCam. I have never seen or used one, but heard a guy got one working on an M600.

Our camera was removed from the M600 a little over a week ago when a client who had us assemble an M600 for him decided to add an FPV cam on it right before we were delivering it - so he agreed to have us remove our camera to put it on his copter.

Now we are going to be picking up a new one for ours and will either go with the one we know works so well - or we might try one from GetFPV or somewhere else for comparison sake.

Whatever you do, just make sure you get one that likes a 9V power supply.

Michael

I definitely have a couple suggestions / pointers you.

We have an M600 that had this camera on it: Iftron Technologies

It worked great. One of the big considerations in picking a camera is the voltage it accepts for power. If I remember correctly, the M600 port supplies 9V. Many of the cameras (Fat Shark, etc) only operate at 5V and 9V will break them. The one above accepts from 5-15V.

Another camera we heard works is made by RunCam. I have never seen or used one, but heard a guy got one working on an M600.

Our camera was removed from the M600 a little over a week ago when a client who had us assemble an M600 for him decided to add an FPV cam on it right before we were delivering it - so he agreed to have us remove our camera to put it on his copter.

Now we are going to be picking up a new one for ours and will either go with the one we know works so well - or we might try one from GetFPV or somewhere else for comparison sake.

Whatever you do, just make sure you get one that likes a 9V power supply.

Michael

Would it hurt anything to use a small voltage regulator to accept a 5 volt camera?

nice what camera is that ? and where did you get the cable ? I'm not sure if i ordered the right one? do you sell them ?

The cable you can see came with the little camera. Its the one I mentioned in post #3. Its from Iftron Tech. Their stuff is a little more expensive but works very well. You take that cable and solder the 3 wires to the cable you get in the cable kit you mentioned you ordered. We then just wrapped the cable in the black wire wrap and used some heat shrink on both ends to keep it firmly in place on the wires - plus it looks good that way. The camera has the really strong double sided tape on the bottom and points right out the front from the front battery location.

I am going to wire up this camera over the weekend (in the same way):
Lumenier CMOS-1200 16:9 Widescreen Mini FPV Camera

They are not in stock, but we have one we were going to use for something else. It accepts the right voltage and looks very similar to the one you were looking at on Amazon.

If I have the little cable that plugs into the LB unit on the copter I will solder it up and test it. If it works as expected and you still need one on Monday I'd be happy to sell it to you and buy another one for us. Our dealer demo products get sold all the time...we are used to it.

We have had and sold numerous demo Mavics over the past few months. We finally have a decent stock again and think we will finally have another dealer demo of that again.

Reactions: SanCap
that camera you linked is pretty expensive for a FPV camera... specs look similar to other cameras unless i am missing something. i ended up not ordering the camera i linked but instead ordered a run cam owl due to recommendations. so once that camera arrives and I wire it ill post some pics and reviews.

that camera you linked is pretty expensive for a FPV camera... specs look similar to other cameras unless i am missing something. i ended up not ordering the camera i linked but instead ordered a run cam owl due to recommendations. so once that camera arrives and I wire it ill post some pics and reviews.

Iftron stuff has always been very expensive - has that "made in the USA" price point. We had always used their Yellow Jacket 5.8 stuff which is why we picked up a couple of their cameras that were easy to connect. I'll get around to trying the other one I mentioned above yet this weekend I think.

On the RunCam Owl, double check its the camera you are looking for. I know a guy who tried that on his M600 and had several issues with it. The Owl was made to be a very low light camera and the guy who tried one had a lot of trouble with it in bright daytime conditions. He switched to a different model of the RunCam instead.

Let me know how it comes together for you.

Michael

Got it. We have been flying ours with an X5R so its not been a problem using the AV port for the FPV cam and the EXT port for the gimbal. I have not tried to see if you can feed an HDMI and the FPV camera in LB and if that gives you multiple options on the ground in the app for directing the camera feeds (like it does with using both EXT and HDMI). They are physically different ports into LB - just not sure how LB interprets and decides which signal should be available in the app. I'm happy to check into it - unless you have your FPV cam hooked up and can just run an HDMI from a camera into LB and check the app to see what choices you get.

The cable you can see came with the little camera. Its the one I mentioned in post #3. Its from Iftron Tech. Their stuff is a little more expensive but works very well. You take that cable and solder the 3 wires to the cable you get in the cable kit you mentioned you ordered. We then just wrapped the cable in the black wire wrap and used some heat shrink on both ends to keep it firmly in place on the wires - plus it looks good that way. The camera has the really strong double sided tape on the bottom and points right out the front from the front battery location.

When you set this up as a FPV camera, does the DJI GoApp see it like it does on the I2? Where you have your primary feed coming from say an X5 and a secondary picture in picture screen with the FPV feed in it?

Here's an example from in I2 that I screenshooted from my iPad when I was shooting some sunset pics.
i2GoApp.jpg

When you set this up as a FPV camera, does the DJI GoApp see it like it does on the I2? Where you have your primary feed coming from say an X5 and a secondary picture in picture screen with the FPV feed in it?

Here's an example from in I2 that I screenshooted from my iPad when I was shooting some sunset pics.
View attachment 12852
Never mind. I found a video on YouTube showing how this works.

They are not in stock, but we have one we were going to use for something else. It accepts the right voltage and looks very similar to the one you were looking at on Amazon.

FDS, what did you think when you played with the Luminier 1200?
I'm building up my M600 Pro and would love a higher-res fpv cam for the more technical flights. I'd love to know what you think of it signal quality, resolution, and power draw.

A little old thread but I am confused about 2 things and can't find a clear answer to that.

1. Wich cable pack contain the AV cable?
Out there are M600/Pro Cable Kit - Buy Matrice 600 Series Cable Kit - DJI Store
Lightbridge 2 Cable Kit - Buy Lightbridge 2 Cables - DJI Store
Lightbridge AV CABLE AND CAN-BUS POWER CABLES - DJI Part9 LightBridge-Accessory pack (AV cable and CAN-Bus power cables

2. When using Ronin MX gimbal, can I use the AV input for FPV camera? In the manual it's said that only one of them can be used at a time AV or HDMI and both are the LB input in DJI Go while the EXT input is when using X3/X5 camera. Do I have to use additional video transmitter and reciever for having an FPV camera working along with the Ronin MX?
But according the ronin MX diagram it should be possible!? Anyone solved this?

roninmx_lightbridge.jpeg

Thanks!

A little old thread but I am confused about 2 things and can't find a clear answer to that.

1. Wich cable pack contain the AV cable?
Out there are M600/Pro Cable Kit - Buy Matrice 600 Series Cable Kit - DJI Store
Lightbridge 2 Cable Kit - Buy Lightbridge 2 Cables - DJI Store
Lightbridge AV CABLE AND CAN-BUS POWER CABLES - DJI Part9 LightBridge-Accessory pack (AV cable and CAN-Bus power cables

2. When using Ronin MX gimbal, can I use the AV input for FPV camera? In the manual it's said that only one of them can be used at a time AV or HDMI and both are the LB input in DJI Go while the EXT input is when using X3/X5 camera. Do I have to use additional video transmitter and reciever for having an FPV camera working along with the Ronin MX?
But according the ronin MX diagram it should be possible!? Anyone solved this?

View attachment 28272

Thanks!
I got all sorted.

For the cable I bought "Lightbridge AV CABLE AND CAN-BUS POWER CABLES" as this was only 10 euros, but despite the pictures and diagrams of it it came out that the FPV AV cable that ends with stereo audio jack had only 2 wires connected to the 3 pin JST connector. On all diagrams it's shown to have 3 wires!? Anyway I stripped it off and took another wire from the other cable that came in the pack which was also with only 2 wires connected to a 3 pin JST connector.

For the use of HDMI and AV inputs at the same time I found that after switching off the EXT input in DJI Go the available options have changed and I was able to choose between HDMI and AV instead of how it was when the EXT is switched on where the available options are between EXT and LB.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo