Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fully Discharged Batteries. Did I Kill Them?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
Basically I bought 8 batteries with my inspire 1 and all of them are programed to begin discharging after 10 days. Long story short weeks have gone by since I rotated out 4 of them and they are dead as doornails. I have just tried to recharge one of them (I will try the others shortly) and they don't seem to be responding to the charger. Have I killed them? Yikes! That will be an expensive lesson.

Thanks in advance.

rb

Basically I bought 8 batteries with my inspire 1 and all of them are programed to begin discharging after 10 days. Long story short weeks have gone by since I rotated out 4 of them and they are dead as doornails. I have just tried to recharge one of them (I will try the others shortly) and they don't seem to be responding to the charger. Have I killed them? Yikes! That will be an expensive lesson.

Thanks in advance.

rb

try disconnecting the board, let it sit like that for an hour and plug it back together and see if they respond once reconnecting to the pcb.
then put them up to the charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rb,

There is a battery firmware bug that does not stop the discharge at 50 % as it was intended to do. Carefully remove the plastic top of the battery and disconnect the board as suggest by Phatzo. After one hour reconnect board and try to charge again.

After you have recharged update the battery firmware so this does not reoccur.

Reactions: Phatzo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido