Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Galaxy S5 Pilot app doesn't seem to be connecting

Well here is interesting news!

I installed the 0.92 ipa on my wife's old ipad mini 1, and plugged it into the controller. It actually works, would you believe?
I was able to register the inspire and start the app properly! I got all telemetry and parameters working fine. Obviously the video wasn't great but that's normal.

So I went out and picked up an iPad Mini 2 (the 3 is more expensive just for a fingerprint scanner or something) and I just plugged it all in here and it works fine!

So what am I missing with the Galaxy S5 then? I must be doing something wrong... I tried it on both our S5 and this lunch time also on a mate's galaxy tab or something, (not sure exactly what it was) but that wouldn't work either.

Something weird is going on.

Anyway I swore blind i'd never buy another ipad after the first one... I just did so there you go.

Now I need to join the throngs of people waiting for Apple to allow DJI to put their app in the app store............

Somebody shoot me.....

Roastie
Sorry to hear of your problems but I have used both my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and my Samsung Tab S 8.4 tablet with those short "usb to mini usb" cables that were supplied and they both work just fine. I did have to enable the usb debugging after that message automatically came up. So don't give up on Android devices - they do work!!!

My Galaxy S5 connects fine, but I use the standard smaller USB plug instead of the wide one that came with the phone. The smaller USB will still fit into the phone on the right side of the jack (screen facing up).

Yeah it connects and starts charging OK with both types of cable, USB debugging is on, but there must be something else I'm missing.
Did yours just work or was there something else you had to do in the menus apart from check the tick box for USB debugging?

I can't believe that this works on iPad but not on any Android that I have tried...

I'm not a big apple fan, so I've only tried android devices, and I've been able to get my Galaxy S5 (android 4.4.xx) and Nexus 7 (running android 5.xx) working.

I had the same problem as you have in the beginning (even with USB debugging turned on), but I was able to solve it by changing up the sequence of powering up the devices/apps. This is what worked for me:

* start with remote off, drone off, phone on (kill all apps using the task manager)
* connect up the phone to the remote via the USB cable
* power on the remote
* power on the drone
* make sure the green light shows up on the remote to indicate the drone and the remote are synchronizedo
* start the dji pilot app (should hear the app start to talk)
* go to the camera, and you should have a connection.

When I was using my Nexus 7 tablet, it was important for me to kill all the apps running in the background with the task manager. The extra apps were causing about a 1 minute delay in video transmission feed to the tablet.

I was also using the USB cable that was supplied with the drone - the short white mini USB.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for taking the time to reply in such detail. I'll give that a go when the batteries are recharged.

Roastie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44