Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Generator for M600 batts

A quick note, I use 3 Honda generators for various reasons, a Eu1000i, a Es5500 and an Eu6500I. All of them will suffer from ethanol gelling in the jets if they don't get used for 3 weeks or longer. To prevent this I use 100 Low Lead Avgas. It's ethanol free and can sit for over a year.
If a gen is hard to start, or won't idle unless the choke is used, it's probably suffering from gel in the jet.

Can you not buy ethonal free fuel at the pumps? Here in Florida it is everywhere maybe because of all the boats with outboard motors?

No, the only ethanol free gas is race gas, something like $8 a gallon and its nasty stuff. There are some states that have ehanol free gas, but I don't have any near me. I can go to my local fbo and get it at a self serve pump.

Mr. Moderator, please don't slam me for asking same question twice (here and in public safety) It doesnt appear too many users visit PS.

For those currently using the M600, what is your field rig for charging batteries? Thanks. (generator output specs?)
Thanks.

Here is the system we use when on a heavy day of battery usage. This is an Interstate 8D battery attached with the proper sized cables, circuit protection and a 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter. We also have a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter if needed. We may add a second 8D battery in the future to avoid needing to carry the Honda 2000 watt genset and avoid the gasoline aspect totally. We needed to purchase a 80/100 watt charger to be able to charge the large battery in a reasonable amount of time.

IMG_1927.jpg

No, the only ethanol free gas is race gas, something like $8 a gallon and its nasty stuff. There are some states that have ehanol free gas, but I don't have any near me. I can go to my local fbo and get it at a self serve pump.

That is terrible, here our ethanol free is 90 Octane, commonly referred to as Rec 90 mostly used for boats and is about $3.30 a gallon.

Here is the system we use when on a heavy day of battery usage. This is an Interstate 8D battery attached with the proper sized cables, circuit protection and a 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter. We also have a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter if needed. We may add a second 8D battery in the future to avoid needing to carry the Honda 2000 watt genset and avoid the gasoline aspect totally. We needed to purchase a 80/100 watt charger to be able to charge the large battery in a reasonable amount of time.

View attachment 17627
Holy Toledo!
I've moved a few 8D's in my youth, that's a Heavy Beast!

ALL --- I was in the generator search mode last year. After researching, I ended up with the Briggs N Strattion, Honda wantabee. Almost identical specs and quite a savings. I actually have a need for two, so I was able to score them and the adapter to put them in parallel for nearly the price of one Honda. (also they are made/assembled in the USA if that matters) https://www.amazon.com/Briggs-Strat...9862&sr=1-1&refinements=p_4:Briggs+&+Stratton I probably have 15-20 hours on each one so far . . . very happy with the buy.

A quick note, I use 3 Honda generators for various reasons, a Eu1000i, a Es5500 and an Eu6500I. All of them will suffer from ethanol gelling in the jets if they don't get used for 3 weeks or longer. To prevent this I use 100 Low Lead Avgas. It's ethanol free and can sit for over a year.
If a gen is hard to start, or won't idle unless the choke is used, it's probably suffering from gel in the jet.

Do you have any experience with using the ethanol treatments as an alternative if I cannot get Avgas? Thanks!

I use a Honda eu2000i and never have any problems. I let it sit for a year one time. Started right up, with the choke of course. But after start-up it idled fine with no choke.

Your lucky. I've had to take apart more carbs due to ethanol than I care to count

Mr. Moderator, please don't slam me for asking same question twice (here and in public safety) It doesnt appear too many users visit PS.

For those currently using the M600, what is your field rig for charging batteries? Thanks. (generator output specs?)
Thanks.

I just finished v1.0 of a field charging system that I will need to expand to accommodate the M600's SIX batteries. Initial tests are very encouraging, including several field tests. At this point it has been tested to only 315 watts, but in its present configuration, is capable of much, much more (at least on paper). I will keep you in the loop as this charging platform develops.

In this photo, the charger is configured for P4P batteries. I have the dongles for Inspire 1 batteries, which is the same interface as the M600 batteries.

DSC03230.JPG

Connects directly to car battery. No DC -> AC -> DC conversion, which creates heat, wastes electricity and is therefore inefficient.

DSC03231.JPG

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips