Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gimbal safety cable/harness

Reaction score
Hello,

First off thank you for reading this. I just recently purchased an Inspire 2. I noticed a small steel braided cable that is mounted to the bottom of the aircraft through the gimbal mount. Clearly that triangular gimbal mount is only held to the aircraft with the rubber dampers. This steel cable, I have never seen before in any I2 video I watched several youtube videos and scanned reviews but I haven't remembered seeing it. I attached a photo of it to this post. Im wondering if this apparatus is normal. I bought the aircraft brand new off ebay for a pretty good deal for AC only. Is there any possibility this thing is a bootleg inspire 2? Ive never heard anything being bootleg from DJI equipment before and I highly doubt its bootleg . I just hadn't seen the gimbal redundancy cable there on other reviews videos photos of I2 and It kinda got me nervous when I started looking at all that. Any opinions on this or have you seen this on your I2, or if there could be bootlegged I2 somewhere. Thanks again

Attachments

• 15F87FB0-C7E7-4A82-BC34-A0587F6F8B0B.jpeg
    15F87FB0-C7E7-4A82-BC34-A0587F6F8B0B.jpeg
    955.1 KB · Views: 50
Hello,

First off thank you for reading this. I just recently purchased an Inspire 2. I noticed a small steel braided cable that is mounted to the bottom of the aircraft through the gimbal mount. Clearly that triangular gimbal mount is only held to the aircraft with the rubber dampers. This steel cable, I have never seen before in any I2 video I watched several youtube videos and scanned reviews but I haven't remembered seeing it. I attached a photo of it to this post. Im wondering if this apparatus is normal. I bought the aircraft brand new off ebay for a pretty good deal for AC only. Is there any possibility this thing is a bootleg inspire 2? Ive never heard anything being bootleg from DJI equipment before and I highly doubt its bootleg . I just hadn't seen the gimbal redundancy cable there on other reviews videos photos of I2 and It kinda got me nervous when I started looking at all that. Any opinions on this or have you seen this on your I2, or if there could be bootlegged I2 somewhere. Thanks again
The gimbal safety cable costs about $3 or $4 dollars. It will most likely keep the gimbal secured to the body on your I2 in the event of a crash - recently just saved mine.

Hello,

This is now a standard feature on all new Inspire 2’s, as of last year. Originally it was an accessory that you could purchase from DJI to help protect your camera from ripping off in the event of a crash. When they introduced the X7 gimbal, enough people were worried about losing their $3000+ camera, that DJI made the safety cable a standard issuance for all new drones. It is a much welcomed addition! We’ve had drone crashes where the gimbal rips off on a tree and you have to go hunting for the camera. Now the hope is that the camera will remain tethered to the body in the event of a crash. Your purchase is not a fake/knock-off based on that feature.

This is now a standard feature on all new Inspire 2’s, as of last year. Originally it was an accessory that you could purchase from DJI to help protect your camera from ripping off in the event of a crash. When they introduced the X7 gimbal, enough people were worried about losing their $3000+ camera, that DJI made the safety cable a standard issuance for all new drones. It is a much welcomed addition! We’ve had drone crashes where the gimbal rips off on a tree and you have to go hunting for the camera. Now the hope is that the camera will remain tethered to the body in the event of a crash. Your purchase is not a fake/knock-off based on that feature.
I think it was not meant as much for not loosing the camera in crash as it was meant for keeping the camera attached in case of the 3 rubber dumpeners snap under the weight of the X7, as they are stretched to their limits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa