Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Go4 app crashes during flight recording

Reaction score
Flying IN2. Cendence. Crystal Sky. In flight, Go4App crashes 2 minutes into flight during filming. Does NOT happen while taking still photos. Anyone else having Go4App crash using Crystal Sky/Cendence?

Flying IN2. Cendence. Crystal Sky. In flight, Go4App crashes 2 minutes into flight during filming. Does NOT happen while taking still photos. Anyone else having Go4App crash using Crystal Sky/Cendence?
I guess all of us?. It is just not very stable App. It happens to me even when taking photos. I get this message: Connection lost and option if I want to initialize RTH or cancel. But I have full control of the drone all the time. So I just press cancel and wait untill GO4 comes back to life. It interrupts the video recording though.

Common.

Has always done it.

I guess all of us?. It is just not very stable App. It happens to me even when taking photos. I get this message: Connection lost and option if I want to initialize RTH or cancel. But I have full control of the drone all the time. So I just press cancel and wait untill GO4 comes back to life. It interrupts the video recording though.

Thank you for both replies. One colleagues told me he has only received that msg once...Yesterday was a first time for me..a bit unsettling: The message says: "Unfortunately Go4App has crashed....or something like that." I did NOT lose flight capability but as I fly over ships and water, its a bit unnerving.

This morning I followed some advice I found: CLEAR CACHE. As I have two Crystal Sky monitors, I've temporarily swapped one for the other. Ran vid recording for 2 minutes in living room and played back vid from monitor and no crash. That's a change. About to go test fly in my local park. Shooting stills, this doesn't happen to me. Hmmm. Will report after my test flight. And thank you for this community. Jonathan in Bronx, NY.

If I have complete control, no need to invoke RTH. If I don't have stick control, then RTH may or may not work anyway? Unnerving...I'll test and determine if APP actually comes back or if it needs re-initialization? Seems there are different messages from Big Daddy DJI....no reason they can't get it perfect.

If I have complete control, no need to invoke RTH. If I don't have stick control, then RTH may or may not work anyway? Unnerving...I'll test and determine if APP actually comes back or if it needs re-initialization? Seems there are different messages from Big Daddy DJI....no reason they can't get it perfect.
In my case when it happened the GO4 did come back. It took uncomfortably long looking at frozen display but it did come back eventually by itself. I always had full control of the drone all the time, just video feed was frozen.

In my case when it happened the GO4 did come back. It took uncomfortably long looking at frozen display but it did come back eventually by itself. I always had full control of the drone all the time, just video feed was frozen.
Thanks for your reply. Cleared cache, as one forum said. Swapped out one of my Crystal Sky monitors, flew Inspire2 for two sets of batteries, used one set fully for video. No glitches. Used CS on my Mavic2 and no glitches either in video or still photo. Life goes on.

Just a glitch, not much to worry about. Happen to me once or twice, reboot and voila!

I don’t use either cendence or cs but The go app fails whenever I decide to go into a large album and scroll quickly down.

This is a common issue covered a gazillion times in this forum. Personally, I don't see how you guys can stand those CrystalSky things. No amount of Nits is worth the perpetual crashing you guys endure. Get an iPad. I'm no fan of Apple, but the iPads are uber reliable. There's no way I'd show up on set with one of those CrystalSky rigs.

Don't be a NIT wit. HA! See what I did there!?

Good luck!

D

This is a common issue covered a gazillion times in this forum. Personally, I don't see how you guys can stand those CrystalSky things. No amount of Nits is worth the perpetual crashing you guys endure. Get an iPad. I'm no fan of Apple, but the iPads are uber reliable. There's no way I'd show up on set with one of those CrystalSky rigs.

Don't be a NIT wit. HA! See what I did there!?

Good luck!

D
This is a surprising opinion from forum veteran ... Surely not perfect, two CrystalSky monitors are a workhorses in my rigs. Go4 app quit working mid flight once on me, if memory serves me well. No big deal, reboot and boom, back in business. BTW, I was using iPad Air 2 for years before. Works perfectly in living room, indeed :)...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212