Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Golf courses are frustrating.

Reaction score
Filmed 18 holes on 4 batteries yesterday. If there were not another person on the course, it would be easier. But when you have people in front of you, players behind you at each hole, it's frustration at the max. This video is the front 9, and I only had one shot at each hole, and I was unfamiliar with the course. I need to tune down the yaw, too much back and forth, plus the winds were gusting pretty good. I feel like I need to redo this one... The back nine turned out better, but I'm not done editing it yet. .... Meh.

I only have one suggestion. In photography, I always try to follow the rule of thirds (google it). In this case it would direct me to put the horizon line at the top third of the screen not in the exact middle as you have done. IMO it generally gives a more pleasing appearance and in this case it would show more of the course.

I would have to agree. Im prob going to do this over... like I said, I was trying not to disturb players in front and behind me, first one ive done and every hole was a one shot deal. It was kind of nerve racking. Here's the back 9 holes.

Last edited:
Love it mate, cracking job... I wish I had more time as I have 2 courses wanting me to do this for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Highrpm955
Great video!! Only suggestion - It would be nice to see the par and yardage in addition to the hole number in the titles for the holes. Kind of prepares one for the tour of the hole.
Great suggestion! I often wondered how it would look if if pan around 180 degree after you get past the green to give a look back to the tee or fairway.

Nice job! Is it just me or did is your horizon off a bit? Maybe reset your IMU?
Thanks!.. But like some others have reported, it's an issue sometimes, even after calibrating everything(imu, compas, gimbal) These were one chance shots, so I couldn't manually adjust gimbal level mid flight and have a decently smooth shot.

I watched your video again, one of my favorite parts was the golfer taking a swing and the transition into the aerial.

Tips for avoiding people - someone told me that private courses tend to be closed on Mondays. Public courses are of courses are usually 7 days a week.

I wonder if you filmed in the early morning or late afternoon, that if having the sun lower in the sky would lend more shadows on the course, thereby accentuating the contours of the course?

In the end, its all about how much its worth to you. Does anybody else have any paid experience with golf videos. I am not looking to make a career out of it. Just have a couple of courses that are interested in my help and have asked me how much it would cost.

Had I been paid to do this, I would guess that I would have charged $600 USD for THIS footage. I would say I spent a total of 4 hours filming and editing. A better grouping of shots, and waiting for some "golden hour" shots I would have charged more... possibly alot more.

How much you think I could charge for something like this? And I did all 18 holes like this.
I need better lighting. Personally, I think it's too light.

How much you think I could charge for something like this? And I did all 18 holes like this.
I need better lighting. Personally, I think it's too light.

Did you use an ND Filter? looks a little over exposed rather than "better lighting", this is not meant as a criticism by the way because it looks great otherwise.

Reactions: huskerfan
Did you use an ND Filter? looks a little over exposed rather than "better lighting", this is not meant as a criticism by the way because it looks great otherwise.
No filter but I did open up the aperture to make the camera brighter since it was getting dark at the time. I think I need to re film with more sunlight perhaps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa