Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shooting 18 holes of golf - Inspire 1

Reaction score
Website
mockspeedmedia.com
So I have to shoot every hole of an 18 hole golf course Sat/Sun. Test flew today and I have to say it's trickier than I thought. Here is my question. Can you implement the way points AND point of interest at the same time? Meaning can I place my way points from tee box to green then place my point of interest marks then fly the route? The craft world then fly from:

WP1 - Tee box
WP2 - Fairway
WP3 - Green
POI - around the green

Will these two work with each other? Any tips would be helpful if anyone has flown this. Thanks.

Look into Autopilot, what you're talking about is baked in to their waypoint system. It uses camera trigger points along the route that can be defined independently of the waypoints and set up to do a number of different camera functions - including POI.

Last edited:
There's a bit of a learning curve but it's the best there is. Good luck with your shoot.

Thank you! We flew 9 holes today and this software rocks. It was beautiful. One thing. It seems taking off with the DJI Go app is the only way to start. You then have to switch over to autopilot app. This makes the I1 react rather abruptly. We gain same altitude as our first waypoint only then switching over to the AP app and the I1 rapidly moves from our take off point to the waypoint. It then begins its flight plan and it's a rather abrupt action from the I1. It seems to do a 180 and start the flight plan in this manner. My first AC noticed than when we pointed the I1 nose North taking off, in GO app, and pointing the nose North when engaging mission this seems to help. We can't seem to get the I1 to begin the flight plan without this 'jerky' motion. Any thoughts? Thanks again.

Just curious to why you're using the DJI Go app prior to switching to Autoflight? You know you can take off solely using Autoflight.

We are. We calibrate, check systems, and launch with Go app. Once we are airborne we switch over to the Autopilot app. They I1 then leaves our hover from Go app to first waypoint after mission launch. We have to set up three waypoints before 1st mark of shot to let the I1 do it's 'freak out' we call it. Thanks for your reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry