Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Got my FLYTREX LIVE

I read on the Flytrex website about the H2O pay as you go plan and someone earlier in the thread mentioned the same. $10 for 3 months of service. The Flytrex site indicates this plan comes with 100MB of data. When I talked with H2O yesterday, they said that plan charged 10c/MB and did not include any free data. I am seeing conflicting information and I don't know how much data Flytrex will actually use.

Am I not selecting the right plan?

I installed my Flytrex last week and it made five flights with it. I noticed that the altitude information was in accurate, and sent the comma separated value files to Flytrex for evaluation. Based on the evaluation of the data, they have decided that the internal barometer within the unit is faulty and are shipping a new unit to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Flytrex logs onto the network exactly every other time I start it, so I have to power cycle the inspire an extra time at each start up.

They made the same offer to me, Remove mine, reassemble my inspire, ship my unit back to them at my expense,wait for the replacement, reinstall the Flytrex, see if it works this time.

Guess they are reading DJI's customer service handbook.

Can anyone that uses a Flytrex Live 3G for Inspire advise me as to why after over 100 successful flights with Flytrex working flawlessly that now the red light never changes from a solid red. The Flytrex web site says the relight should come on when first powered up and after initializing changes to purple, green or blue. Mine stays a constant red. As far as the I1 nothing has been changed since the last time the Flytrex worked. I thought that maybe the pre-paid H2O Sim card needed to be recharged but that was not the case plenty of time and credit left. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions or advise it would be appreciated. Happy Flying everyone.

Will this installation avoid warranty? And does anybody know if Flytrex has these in stock right now? I have been asking Flytrex this about 10 days ago but haven't got any answer, i don´t want to order if they can't deliver immediately.

I ordered one for my Inspire and it took about 6 weeks to receive it. The way that the install works, it should not void your warranty. You can revert to original config without doing any harm to your Inspire or breaking any factory tape.

Will this installation avoid warranty? And does anybody know if Flytrex has these in stock right now? I have been asking Flytrex this about 10 days ago but haven't got any answer, i don´t want to order if they can't deliver immediately.

I ordered one for my Inspire and it took about 6 weeks to receive it. The way that the install works, it should not void your warranty. You can revert to original config without doing any harm to your Inspire or breaking any factory tape.

Thanks for the answer. When did you order / received your Flytrex? Was it recently?
I know they have been low on stock earlier in the summer around June and July according to their own statements so i wonder if the situation has improved?

And did you choose the Express shipping option that should deliver in a few days?

Looks like it took a little longer than I recalled. I ordered 7/7 and it shipped 8/26. No, I did not order the express option. It probably took another week or so to get to Florida from Israel.

Thanks for the answer. When did you order / received your Flytrex? Was it recently?
I know they have been low on stock earlier in the summer around June and July according to their own statements so i wonder if the situation has improved?

And did you choose the Express shipping option that should deliver in a few days?

Watch the installation video before you order it to make sure you are prepared to do the dis assembly that will be required. Then, think about it some more. My Flytrex only works every other time I boot the Inspire and their solution was that I could tear my Inspire apart again, remove the Flytrex, reassemble the Inspire, send the defective Flytrex back to Israel at my expense, wait a few weeks to get the replacement, and that start the entire process over again. Their customer service is... DJI-like.

If I had it to do over I wouldn't buy it.

I'm just wondering given the cost and the hassle of using one of these units if it is really worth it. For one thing what if you are flying away from cell range. The second thing in that of all the flights that are done, only a small percentage ever crash or fly away. Then only a small percentage of those are lost. From my perspective the risk does not outweigh the cost and the hassle. Perhaps if i buy the x5 camera I'll change my mind. My biggest problem though is that i fly outside of cellphone range very often. Is there any other solutions that do not rely on cellular?

Watch the installation video before you order it to make sure you are prepared to do the dis assembly that will be required. Then, think about it some more. My Flytrex only works every other time I boot the Inspire and their solution was that I could tear my Inspire apart again, remove the Flytrex, reassemble the Inspire, send the defective Flytrex back to Israel at my expense, wait a few weeks to get the replacement, and that start the entire process over again. Their customer service is... DJI-like.

If I had it to do over I wouldn't buy it.

Okay interesting, so thats why they still haven't answered any of my three messages in 2 weeks? A good customer service is very important, at least when it comes to expensive products like the Inspire 1.
Anyway i don´t think the installation looked so hard? If i saw correct you only remove the nose cone and remove a cable from the inspire and then attach the inspire cable to a hub of some kind that is provided with the Flytrex.

And i don´t necessarily need this product, but i would want some kind of locator since without the drone the warranty can't be used, DJI require the drone of course.
But the cheap ones i have seen on ebay looks much bigger than the Flytrex 3G Live.
I now there is another one that is advertised specifically as a drone locator, i don´t remember the name, but that one is pretty expensive as well, i think it costs about the same as a Flytrex 3G Live.

So if you have any ideas about another locator i would gladly listen.

I didn't find the install to be too challenging- pretty straightforward.

I haven't noticed any issues with the operation of my Flytrex, though admittedly I have not checked the data for every single flight. I might do that going forward. I did email Flytrex to check the status of my order, and I received a reply in a day or so explaining that they were delayed for QC testing a big batch back in July/August.

Prior to the Flytrex, I used the RF-V16. I like that little tracker, but I feel more confident in the data from the Flytrex- mainly because it updates more frequently while the Inspire is powered up. My RF-V16 likes to switch over to location-based information from nearby cell towers very often, which makes the location accuracy a bit skewed.

For those seeking options without consistent cell coverage, I think the Marco Polo tracker might work. There are numerous threads on this forum about these tracker options.

Okay interesting, so thats why they still haven't answered any of my three messages in 2 weeks? A good customer service is very important, at least when it comes to expensive products like the Inspire 1.
Anyway i don´t think the installation looked so hard? If i saw correct you only remove the nose cone and remove a cable from the inspire and then attach the inspire cable to a hub of some kind that is provided with the Flytrex.

And i don´t necessarily need this product, but i would want some kind of locator since without the drone the warranty can't be used, DJI require the drone of course.
But the cheap ones i have seen on ebay looks much bigger than the Flytrex 3G Live.
I now there is another one that is advertised specifically as a drone locator, i don´t remember the name, but that one is pretty expensive as well, i think it costs about the same as a Flytrex 3G Live.

So if you have any ideas about another locator i would gladly listen.

You remove the camera gimbal too. It isn't all that hard if you have the torx tools. Maybe a 15 minute process. I didn't mind doing it once. 3 times for a defective product, and packing and shipping... it isn't worth it.

Re UK Sim I've a three Payg sim in my existing Flytrex live 3G which works fine in that, no apn settings need to be entered. Received my inspire one yesterday but not had a chance to install and test new 3G plus one yet.

Finally got around to installing, goes purple/blue then red, sim works fine on old flytrex 3G, logged support case with them, firmware update selected via web settings but after 30mins still red with not communication or update. Hopefully will send me a manual firmware update like it sounds some others had.

Got mine and was sent a North American version instead of an EU one. Waited 3 weeks for new one and when received I can't link it as it's linked to someone's else account and support closed for two days!

To top it off when I test it I'm getting a purple-blue-flashing red and that's where it stays at.

Last edited:
I finally gave up on my it was such a PITA. I'll remove it next time I open up the machine.

Am starting to feel that way myself and I've not even got it to work once yet.

UPDATE: They just unlinked my device from whoever account it was and it is now registered to me and she reckons the LED status was because it wasn't linked to my account before so when I get home tonight we will see if it works. All firmware is up to date and I'm using a Three PAYG sim

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pradeepnama123