Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Gotta love DJI's quirks - "Battery too cold to fly" when battery exceeds threshold for takeoff.

Pretty cold here in Northern Scotland, I preheat the batteries by packing them with a couple hot water bottles in a soft bag. They are nice and warm when ready to fly. May I ask what firmware version you are using?

Freshly fully charged?
Not sure how to make it any clearer. I mean, if you are trying to nitpick for argument's sake and imply that you need to hotswap the batteries from charger to drone within a 30 second window I would argue that that makes the whole product impractical. The fact is, as shown in the photos, again, pretty clearly, there is a new flaw in the firmware that states the batteries need to be warmed above 15C when the batteries are clearly reporting they are, in fact, well above 15C.

Not sure how to make it any clearer. I mean, if you are trying to nitpick for argument's sake and imply that you need to hotswap the batteries from charger to drone within a 30 second window I would argue that that makes the whole product impractical. The fact is, as shown in the photos, again, pretty clearly, there is a new flaw in the firmware that states the batteries need to be warmed above 15C when the batteries are clearly reporting they are, in fact, well above 15C.
Sorry, that was not my intention. This issue was reported and discussed here before. You could do a search. In pretty much all cases the issue was "resolved" by freshly charging that pair of batteries and it seems to be not related to the temperature at all. It looks like there is a programing error in this latest FW which causes this warning to pop up when the problem is actually related to the charge level or maybe number of days elapsed since last charging. That seems to be the reason behind this quirk...

Reactions: Killboydotcom
Fair enough, yes I had just charged them that morning, drove about 2 hours out, and got the message. AFAIK everything was up to date for firmware. Swapped to another set of batts, flew those out no issues, then went back to this set and they worked fine. Just chalked it up to typical DJI quality control.

Fair enough, yes I had just charged them that morning, drove about 2 hours out, and got the message. AFAIK everything was up to date for firmware. Swapped to another set of batts, flew those out no issues, then went back to this set and they worked fine. Just chalked it up to typical DJI quality control.
That is good to hear, that you managed to get over the quirk. No one really knows what is going on with this quirk... We can collectively agree that it is a software bug in this latest FW. It must be a new set of condition built in which must to be met before take-off is allowed. Intentions might have been good, execution not so. Typical DJI. Lack of attention to detail and lack of testing in various conditions before a new FW is released. It happens with every new FW. They fix one thing and bugger something else..

Spoken like another that has been through many a DJI update. I just got this I2 from a friend, but he bought it when they first came out, and we flew it together several times, always a headache updating and dealing with the new issues.

One thing I can't seem to work through right now is the map box on this Crystal Sky monitor is useless for situating the location of the drone...it's not showing me where the drone is in relation to my position, and god forbid I go out to a location without caching a map first, I get just a black box. No icons, no text, no map of course, nothing. I love the design and integration of the CS, but operationally, this display is hot garbage. Turning on Focus Peak/Assist slows it to such a crawl it is useless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips