Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPS / ATTI issue

Reaction score
Website
www.tim.co.nz
Now im pissed. After a very long chat to DJI chat desk.. they agreed to replace my Inspire due to the continuing issue with the GPS (swapping to ATTI mode after take off). It would get airborne and stay in GPS/OPTI until 2-3m when it automatically switches to ATTI mode. This strangely happens at the same height as the OPTI sensors become ineffective .
After yet another LONG wait I get my new machine only to have it perform exactly the same way!!!!

Does anyone have any info on when the new firmware will be released that ACTUALLY fixes this issue

I dont mind flying in ATTI mode but its pretty darn hard to be looking at a monitor and aUAV in the sky at the same time therefore hard to actually get good results!

Tim

I wonder why DJI swapped your Inspire when they know it's a firmware problem?..... Doesn't make any sense whatsoever and as you've discovered..... your new one does it as well!

Firmware will be released hopefully very soon that specifically addresses this issue along with the gimbal twitch that many suffer at the same time as dropping into Atti.

Tim
Does anyone have any info on when the new firmware will be released that ACTUALLY fixes this issue
Would you like lotto numbers with that? :p

We're all waiting for it with open arms!
Hopefully all current bugs and the ones we don't know about are addressed in the next FWU.
I reckon it'll be the mother of all updates. It has to be. And it will be!

Reactions: damoncooper
My work around has been to prepare for it and work around everytime. I usually take off and hold for about 20 seconds then climb a bit. If it is going to happen it will always happen to me right here. I then switch to atti, wait about 30 seconds, then go back. Works almost every time for me. If it does not work First shot I repeat the switch to atti, hold, switch back. If it does not work the first time it always works the second time for me anyway. Hope that helps until next update.

Thanks Mazz for this usefull info.Will try this with next flight.Allthough I had this issue last weekend after 6 minutes and about 400(1200ft) mtrs away.Thanksfully it happened when the Inspire was coming with a tailwind to me.Because there was a lot of wind I didn't trust this distance at ATTI mode.After 3 sec it turned back to GPS.
I still think it's strange that DJI hasn't come up with a solution.Come on it's an expensive machine,so give us a solution!
Still not 100% confident with the Inspire.It's a great machine and I love to fly it,but too many things are happening.It's not only selling the Inspire but there is more.
If I do this with my customers I will have a serious problem.

Thanks Mazz for this usefull info.Will try this with next flight.Allthough I had this issue last weekend after 6 minutes and about 400(1200ft) mtrs away.Thanksfully it happened when the Inspire was coming with a tailwind to me.Because there was a lot of wind I didn't trust this distance at ATTI mode.After 3 sec it turned back to GPS.
I still think it's strange that DJI hasn't come up with a solution.Come on it's an expensive machine,so give us a solution!
Still not 100% confident with the Inspire.It's a great machine and I love to fly it,but too many things are happening.It's not only selling the Inspire but there is more.
If I do this with my customers I will have a serious problem.
I agree Huppe, I currently have three other DJI products, a S800, F550 and a F350 EACH of these gains and holds a GPS lock perfectly.. So it really bothers me that this BRAND NEW technology is so flawed. I am kinda worried that this in fact is a hardware issue. I hope it can be sorted with firmware.

I agree Huppe, I currently have three other DJI products, a S800, F550 and a F350 EACH of these gains and holds a GPS lock perfectly.. So it really bothers me that this BRAND NEW technology is so flawed. I am kinda worried that this in fact is a hardware issue. I hope it can be sorted with firmware.

Please beware me if it's a hardware issue.That will be a serious problem.Knowing DJI for spareparts then a hardware issue will be a pain in th ***.As you say it's not there first product,so holding GPS doesn't have to be a problem.
Fingers crossed and hope for a quick solution.

Guys..... read my lips... IT HAS BEEN SOLVED! This has already been reported......Blade and Ed have been testing the new firmware for some time now and have reported that this issue has been fixed.

It will be incorporated in the next firmware release and you will get no more GPS/Atti problems (or gimbal twitch which is associated with the same thing).

It has been caused by an overly sensitive setting on the compass data which as a precaution causes the craft to switch to Atti when it senses abnormalities/conflicts with GPS v Compass.

Guys..... read my lips... IT HAS BEEN SOLVED! This has already been reported......Blade and Ed have been testing the new firmware for some time now and have reported that this issue has been fixed.

It will be incorporated in the next firmware release and you will get no more GPS/Atti problems (or gimbal twitch which is associated with the same thing).

It has been caused by an overly sensitive setting on the compass data which as a precaution causes the craft to switch to Atti when it senses abnormalities/conflicts with GPS v Compass.
I really hope this Editor.I want to trust my Inspire when flying close to objects,instead of going into ATTI.ATTI is a great future and I use it a lot,but there are moments I do things at GPS mode and when shooting I want it to stay in GPS.
Anyway thanks for your info and I know that DJI is working on this,but after almost 3 months and with improving flying conditions and longer evenings I desperatly want to fly the Inspire more.;)
Finally got more TB48's also,so 2 hrs is now possible.

I really hope this Editor.I want to trust my Inspire when flying close to objects,instead of going into ATTI.ATTI is a great future and I use it a lot,but there are moments I do things at GPS mode and when shooting I want it to stay in GPS.
Anyway thanks for your info and I know that DJI is working on this,but after almost 3 months and with improving flying conditions and longer evenings I desperatly want to fly the Inspire more.;)
Finally got more TB48's also,so 2 hrs is now possible.
Tell me about it!!!!.... Good weather is on the way...... We all want to be out there and have total confidence in the Inspire.
I think the reason the FW roll out is taking longer than usual this time is because DJI really do want to make sure it's right with no nasty surprises.

Reactions: Mazz
Tell me about it!!!!.... Good weather is on the way...... We all want to be out there and have total confidence in the Inspire.
I think the reason the FW roll out is taking longer than usual this time is because DJI really do want to make sure it's right with no nasty surprises.
Thanks The Editor.. Im the opposite here.. in New Zealand, rolling into Autumn.. so really wanting to catch the last of the summer then autumn colours.

Being a new owner, how do you know when to upgrade your firmware. I just purchase a new unit and the person I purchased it from told me not to upgrade yet. When do you know when to update?

Being a new owner, how do you know when to upgrade your firmware. I just purchase a new unit and the person I purchased it from told me not to upgrade yet. When do you know when to update?

You will get a message appear on your app when you boot up (assuming at some point you are connected to WiFi/3G) or you can check on the DJI website Inspire download page here -> http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download

We are curently on v1.2.0.17

Thanks The Editor.. Im the opposite here.. in New Zealand, rolling into Autumn.. so really wanting to catch the last of the summer then autumn colours.
Ha,so now it's our turn to show sunny video's.And hope to do this without (very) cold hands and wearing three layers of clothes.:p

Guys I seen this happen to me as at least once is this issue with our current version 1.2.0.17 the jumping from GPS to ATTI is happening. I have a job todo tomorrow which requires getting some fly over of 32 buildings approximately 1600 feet distance to and from I want to make sure I will be fine to do so. I did a few flights this past weekend at that distance and didn't get the issue.

My bird flipped into ATTI mode right after takeoff yesterday for the first time. I had strong GPS signal. Compass values spot on. Even did an IMU calibration on a level table. I've spent most of my flights of late practicing in ATTI mode, but since this flight was near water and had a moderate breeze of 15-20 kph (9-12mph), I wanted to play it safe with GPS mode. Luckily this happened almost immediately after takeoff and I could bring her down, but DJI really needs to sort this out. The bird went back to GPS mode right after landing, but I decided to pack it in and not risk it. Hopefully this issue is addressed ASAP as it seems this is happened to quite a few of us.

I've only had my I1 for about a week. Until yesterday I NEVER saw the GPS/ATTI problem happen. Yesterday it happened twice in one flight.

The only thing that was different was that it was the 1st overcast day I've flown. I read that clouds aren't supposed to affect GPS but I'm just not sure what else would have been different.

I guess I'm looking forward to the firmware update as well!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop