Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Green Pictures

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been having an issue with one of my birds lately. After about 20 pics or so, my screen freezes for about 12 seconds after I take a picture, and continues to do so until I land and restart it, after which the process restarts. I'm taking thousands of pictures a day a few times a week, so I'm thinking this is aircraft related and maybe not the X7 as I've swapped cameras before. Tried many different SD cards as well.

See attached pictures. Anyone else seen this before?

Attachments

• DJI_0029.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 39
  • DJI_0031.JPG
    6.8 MB · Views: 29
  • DJI_0032.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 30
  • DJI_0033.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 23
  • DJI_0034.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 26
Might try a firmware re-flash or reset.

I have a X4S camera that I can use as a check if the X5S should act up to eliminate a camera error much as you've tried. Does seem your issue points to the aircraft's camera processor (Cinecore?) though since you changed cameras. Fwiw, my also try cleaning the camera-to-gimabl connection with some DeOxit-Gold contact cleaner too. I bought a can at local Guitar World when I did my battery compartment switch out. I had a old cell phone where if I'd mash the screeen in, the colors would change. When I replaced it, I took it apart and the small hairlike connections on one side of the LCD to the motherboard were too frail and got buried deeper into the mounting rubber which probably was the cause.

The screen freezes sounds more like a communication error and not clear as to your RC unit and tablet used, and maybe the Cinecore causing it too. I seem to have less screen freezes with my newer iPad Pro than my older iPad Air 2 tablet given the new faster processor. My Android (Samsung) tablets are worthless as they freeze and delay all the time, and are bad enough that where GO 4 says the birds is at, and I look up for it, the bird is way ahead of the screen's stated location.

Last edited:
Looks to be a bug in their camera system. Look at this response from their engineer in post #10 on their forum: X7 and green images

This bird sure does have a lot of bugs in it, imho, in hardware and software both. It keeps me from wanting to buy anything made by DJI as their testing seems left to the users in the field to discover. Then the long wait for them to address it - if they ever do.

The current battery failures of 0% in flight happening too soon bother me. By the time one gets the matter sorted out, they are out of their six month warranty. It's almost like they plan the stuff to break (Like the battery compartment's internal plastic bits by just sitting there!), or you voluntarily ground the aircraft for some firmware/software matter and waiting months for them to fix it, and then find it's out of warranty for anything "So pay up, sucker!" :mad:

Good luck!

Yip ! I was on a shoot yesterday and too my horror when I got back to process the images about 25% of them were like that ! Green like the Hulk. I was like the hulk when I saw it. I just spoke with DJI support and they told me that there is no date for a firmware update and to send my I2 in for them to look at. Currently I am refeshing the firmware and I will test again tomorrow to see if it happens again. Very very dissapointing.

Any solution to this?
Had this happen on a pano, and a buddy of mine just had it happen yesterday.
Every forum just ends no solution.
is it shooting too fast cache overload? Tist the lens barrel when mounting?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry