Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Have I been ripped off

Reaction score
Hi
I am a new user having my brother as the newish owner of an Inspire 2. I must say it's an amazing machine.

Sadly, 2 months ago, it did an auto-landing into a pine forest (low battery) - totally our fault.
One broken motor arm, a broken X4S (which I'm well on my way repairing) and a stripped center frame servo cog.

We got a quote from the local DJI authorized agent to repair and part of the quote was a replacement center frame for approx $369.

I requested that they return all the broken parts when the repair was done.
This week my brother received the repaired Inspire but there was only the broken leg servo returned. He inquired from the agents and was told that they just replaced the servo as an entire center frame would "have been a lot more expensive".

I have done my research and I can get a genuine complete center frame for approx $240.

This is the main distributor for DJI products here!
What should I do?

Thanks

Reactions: Jim Weist
Hi
I am a new user having my brother as the newish owner of an Inspire 2. I must say it's an amazing machine.

Sadly, 2 months ago, it did an auto-landing into a pine forest (low battery) - totally our fault.
One broken motor arm, a broken X4S (which I'm well on my way repairing) and a stripped center frame servo cog.

We got a quote from the local DJI authorized agent to repair and part of the quote was a replacement center frame for approx $369.

I requested that they return all the broken parts when the repair was done.
This week my brother received the repaired Inspire but there was only the broken leg servo returned. He inquired from the agents and was told that they just replaced the servo as an entire center frame would "have been a lot more expensive".

I have done my research and I can get a genuine complete center frame for approx $240.

This is the main distributor for DJI products here!
What should I do?

Thanks
Call and ask for a discount and next time send it in to dji for repairs.

Totally understand them marking up, BUT quoting for the full assembly and just replacing the servo? Which I don't see as a spare part available.

Totally understand them marking up, BUT quoting for the full assembly and just replacing the servo? Which I don't see as a spare part available.
yes ..if they charged you for a full assembly and just replaced the servo then I'd ask for some money back.
I'm not sure what parts are available to buy and if the servo is available to buy without the assembly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08