Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

HDMI Out Video Quality

Reaction score
I have had issues with the quality of the video output from the controller's HDMI port. For me, the video is significantly worse than what I see on the attached iPad. The video is much higher contrast and very low color saturation.

I performed a demo for my company, and had intended to show live video to highlight the Inspire's streaming video quality. However, video from the HDMI port was so bad that I opted to have individuals look at my iPad instead. I would like to show off the Inspire in all its glory.

I have tried both controllers and several monitors, Cinemizer, TVs, etc.

Are there settings I have missed? Are others seeing the same thing.

A better description of what I see is that the green channel is virtually gone. Grass becomes a very dark blue. Because my video is outside and green is the predominant color, the image looks high-contrast and under-saturated. I shot a beach umbrella with a rainbow of color panels, and all green panels display as blue. I wish I could upload a sample, but I don't have the equipment needed to record from an HDMI source.

A better description of what I see is that the green channel is virtually gone. Grass becomes a very dark blue. Because my video is outside and green is the predominant color, the image looks high-contrast and under-saturated. I shot a beach umbrella with a rainbow of color panels, and all green panels display as blue. I wish I could upload a sample, but I don't have the equipment needed to record from an HDMI source.
I know this may seem very basic and I'm sure you have tried but...... different HDMI cable? And if you are using HDMI to mini HDMI adapters they can be a bit flakey.

I know this may seem very basic and I'm sure you have tried but...... different HDMI cable? And if you are using HDMI to mini HDMI adapters they can be a bit flakey.
Yep, I have tried two different HDMI cables (one with an adapter, one dedicated HDMI mini), two different controllers (one in slave mode), and three different monitors. I get exactly the same result with all configurations. The only thing I do not have two of is the quad, but video from the quad to my iPad looks fine and the HDMI output is derived from the same source.

I am curious if others have tested the quality of their HDMI output and are seeing correct colors.

By the way, if anyone wants to test this, you don't need to do it in the field. Just attach your controller to a monitor or TV via the HDMI port, power up your quad, and the use the playback function to watch a video you recorded earlier. The video will stream from your quad, just as if you were streaming live. Is there a perceptible difference between what you see on your tablet an what you see on the monitor?

Last edited:
That's odd. Mine is definatley not quite as vibrant as the iPad screen but it's certainly still acceptable. I have had trouble with HDMI cables and adaptors but I see you've already tried that remedy. just a real long shot but have you tried changing your monitor mode between PAL/NTSC? There has to be a logical reason why your colours are not displaying as they should.

That's odd. Mine is definatley not quite as vibrant as the iPad screen but it's certainly still acceptable. I have had trouble with HDMI cables and adaptors but I see you've already tried that remedy. just a real long shot but have you tried changing your monitor mode between PAL/NTSC? There has to be a logical reason why your colours are not displaying as they should.
Pete, in you case, is it greens that are gone? My blues and reds look great. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I live in a very green place. BTW, I don't have control over the PAL/NTSC setting on my preferred device, a Cinemizer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido