Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hello from New Orleans :-)

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I am a long time RC pilot and kit designer, just got my new DJI Inspire on Friday. Upgraded all of the firmware in the aircraft, batteries and controller and went out for my first flight this evening. I ran two batteries near what we call the spillway (where the Mississippi river dumps overflow water into vast acreage to lower the river)... got some great late evening video... and learned a lot from just two batteries. I am happy to be a part of the forum! Would like to share some vids in the future but I don't see the option .... Just pics?

-Dave

Reactions: turbodronepilot
You can upload the videos to services like Vimeo, or Youtube and then link them to share them with others. I too am from New Orleans, but have really only flown near the parts of the river closer to the city. The Drone is a blast and the more you fly the more comfortable and capable you become. Welcome to the club.

Reactions: toofastdave
Welcome to the forum Dave, would love to see your videos. Like mentioned above, just upload them to youtube, then copy/paste the link here.

Thanks :) I took a trip to Ponchatoula yesterday and got some great pics and videos on the river from Boopalu's bar off of 22. I know the owners and they gave me permission to fly off of their deck in the back of the bar. Great scenery out there! I will upload pictures and video when I have time. I work for myself so I'm busy most of the day :-/

I posted one video from two nights ago... in the spillway at dusk... and one from earlier in the evening on my first battery... Kinda choppy on the controls but these were my first two flights.. :)

Here is the link to the first one. I'll edit the post to put the second link in when the upload is complete. There are just unedited "Moments" that I saved from the videos on my iPad. I encourage feedback on anything that will help me become better pilot / video taker... :)

Here is the other:

Last edited:
Some of the pictures I took out on the river in Ponchatoula... Dunno why they have a blue hue to them... I used the Dark Lens that comes with the system on the first battery and then the clear one on the second battery but both turned out looking kinda blue...

DJI_0012.JPG DJI_0020.JPG DJI_0021.JPG

I posted one video from two nights ago... in the spillway at dusk... and one from earlier in the evening on my first battery... Kinda choppy on the controls but these were my first two flights.. :)

Here is the link to the first one. I'll edit the post to put the second link in when the upload is complete. There are just unedited "Moments" that I saved from the videos on my iPad. I encourage feedback on anything that will help me become better pilot / video taker... :)

Here is the other:

these are awesome!

Welcome, I am from New Orleans, but I have been living n Houston for a while. When I go home for a visit, I fly my Inspire 1 on the Westbank near the Mississippi River by the bridge. Great shots of Downtown.

I am a long time RC pilot and kit designer, just got my new DJI Inspire on Friday. Upgraded all of the firmware in the aircraft, batteries and controller and went out for my first flight this evening. I ran two batteries near what we call the spillway (where the Mississippi river dumps overflow water into vast acreage to lower the river)... got some great late evening video... and learned a lot from just two batteries. I am happy to be a part of the forum! Would like to share some vids in the future but I don't see the option .... Just pics?

-Dave

Thanks everyone... I have vids from Destin and a few from Lake Pontchartrain as well as some from flying around the Superdome .. I'll share when I have time :)
Might I ask how did you fly around the Superdome? Most sports arenas have pretty strict rules and security about flying drones around them. Having said that I saw a phantom 2 in the air for the Saints season opener last year which was very much against the law, but I never saw any video from that flight posted, and also couldn't tell who was flying it. I also personally know of an inspire pilot that was flying near the dome early morning on a weekday and was approached by security where his name was recorded and was told that he was not allowed to fly there. So I was just wondering if you experienced anything like that.

Might I ask how did you fly around the Superdome? Most sports arenas have pretty strict rules and security about flying drones around them. Having said that I saw a phantom 2 in the air for the Saints season opener last year which was very much against the law, but I never saw any video from that flight posted, and also couldn't tell who was flying it. I also personally know of an inspire pilot that was flying near the dome early morning on a weekday and was approached by security where his name was recorded and was told that he was not allowed to fly there. So I was just wondering if you experienced anything like that.

I wasn't flying during an event or when there was anyone around and no I wasn't approached by anyone. I drove around the dome several times in my vehicle to survey the power lines and anything that would be a concern for me while flying before I flew and I only flew on one side of the Dome. I didn't fly over the dome or get super close to it....just enough to capture a few minutes of video and take a few pics. I launched from an open parking lot on the south side where no cars or personnel were present.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry