Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Help connecting DJI go app

Reaction score
Hi guys,

im trying to use an inspire 1 that I have had parked up for the last three years, I have been charging and discharging batteries etc over that time.
I have it powered up, the remote connects and the light goes green, the camera responds to the wheel and I can start the motors,

But my Iphone is new, so I just downloaded the app DJI go to it, and it wont connect to the inspire, the equpitment page just shows how to connect but wont conenct.
I have checkd the cable is working in itunes,

is there likely some forced update that needs to be done to the aircraft in order to make it work with the latest version of the app ?

if so , does anyone know how i can get an older version of the app, and or a list of what has been updated? Im not one to allow my products to get updated when not neccesary. I recently updated an iphone after two years and the second it completed the update the battery life dropped to 50% and the GPS stopped working.

So im not one for being forced into buying new tech when its not needed.

Hi guys,

im trying to use an inspire 1 that I have had parked up for the last three years, I have been charging and discharging batteries etc over that time.
I have it powered up, the remote connects and the light goes green, the camera responds to the wheel and I can start the motors,

But my Iphone is new, so I just downloaded the app DJI go to it, and it wont connect to the inspire, the equpitment page just shows how to connect but wont conenct.
I have checkd the cable is working in itunes,

is there likely some forced update that needs to be done to the aircraft in order to make it work with the latest version of the app ?

if so , does anyone know how i can get an older version of the app, and or a list of what has been updated? Im not one to allow my products to get updated when not neccesary. I recently updated an iphone after two years and the second it completed the update the battery life dropped to 50% and the GPS stopped working.

So im not one for being forced into buying new tech when its not needed.

I noticed that the older firmware on the bird does not support the new phones maybe try a older phone and or app version ??????

Ah, thats probably the case then , the last time I used it on an iphone 6, no probs, now I have an 8 plus and it doesnt work. The 6 is in another country, and the idea is to see if the inspire is good before taking it there.

I cant download the old app, the DJI app was the first ever thing I downloaded on my apple account, but when I try to download the old version it just installs the current version of the app. maybe I have to update the firmware on the bird

Ah, thats probably the case then , the last time I used it on an iphone 6, no probs, now I have an 8 plus and it doesnt work. The 6 is in another country, and the idea is to see if the inspire is good before taking it there.

I cant download the old app, the DJI app was the first ever thing I downloaded on my apple account, but when I try to download the old version it just installs the current version of the app. maybe I have to update the firmware on the bird

I have FW 1.8 on the bird and if I use old app ver on a new Iphone 10 & 6+ it doesn't work. If I use the new app ver on a new Iphone it works good and If I use the old Iphone 5 and old app ver it works????? Not to sure about flying as of yet but everything else works good. As for the Go app you can get any ver just google (downgrade DJI go app).

Well, I tried an older samsung phone, an edge 6, and it at least vibrates when connected to the remote. The Iphone doesnt even do that, but it still has no connectivity within the app

I may just flash the newest firmware to the bird today and see what happens.

well, i updated the craft fine,
now the RC will kind of connect to the craft, the light flashes red and green, it will control the camera gimbal, but not arm the motors,
And of course, I find that after 1.03 firmware I cannot update the RC through the USB anymore, and the app wont connect, so im fully fu**ed.
I tried holding the "academy" button for ten seconds in the app to being up the controller firmware status, it just says disconnected.
What a POS!!!!!

well, i updated the craft fine,
now the RC will kind of connect to the craft, the light flashes red and green, it will control the camera gimbal, but not arm the motors,
And of course, I find that after 1.03 firmware I cannot update the RC through the USB anymore, and the app wont connect, so im fully fu**ed.
I tried holding the "academy" button for ten seconds in the app to being up the controller firmware status, it just says disconnected.
What a POS!!!!!

Maybe try the DJI assistant program not sure but may be worth a try????

does the assistant app work for the inpsire 1? from what I can see online it does not

thanks, i have done this, the controller will move the camera, but not arm the motors or connect to the app

I have taken it apart, I know my way around electronics, there are no immediate signs of damage or wear, I cleaned the contacts etc, and no luck, the phone starts to charge, but doesnt recognise the remote in any other way.
I tried the P4 controller and the phone finds it and opens the app automatically, this makes me assume the controller is to blame.

Has anyone had any luck fixing an issue where the LED flashes RED/GREEN quickly, almost too fast to see? I cn move the camera, but not arm the motors anymore. and ZERO USB data connectivity

Guys and Girls,

I got a controller from fleabay. It arrived with only one light of battery.
It clearly has a newer firmware version on it, as it now can bind correctly to the inspire 1 and I can arm motors etc, see the camera moving.

However, I still have no video or telemetry.

I find it hard to believe that both controllers would have dead usb coms,

I have tried several usb cables, ive tried android and ios, (huwawei smart and iphone 6) the android shows its charging when conencted, the same as with the old controller, the iphone does nothing.
I tried the same android phone on a p3 controller and it opened the app up automatically when connected. It doesnt even ask me anything with either I1 controller.
I have the impression that Im missing something here, either that or the controller from ebay is also defective.

Can someone give me any pointer? im at the point of just throwing the lot in the bin and being done with it.

I think it’s the hdmi output module being faulty on both remote controllers. Since you say you tried/have a working phantom 3 controller I would swap the hdmi module from the p3 controller onto one of the inspire 1 controllers and see if it works. (The hdmi output module for p3 and Inspire1 remote controllers are the same)

i agree that I think the hdmi module is faulty.
the ebay controller turns out to have been in storage for 6 months and not tested again before being sent to me.
there must be something dodgy about these controllers.

Hi, A quick update.

I have now got four inspire controller to hand, neither one of them can connect to the app on a known working ipad.
I have tested the GO app on the ipad with a phantom 3 and it works as expected.
I use the same ipad and cable but connect it to the inspire controllers and nothing happens. nothing at all, if i do the 13 second press on the three bars in the top right, with the phantom it tells me the firmware number with the inspire controllers it doesnt change the text at all,

I have opened three of the four inspire controllers to check ribon cables to the output module, I have put three of the output modules into the phantom controller, where the phantom controller works the same as with its own board.

there is no change in results with the hdmi board connected or disconnected in either th phantom or inspire cases.

this is really driving me mad, I suspect that the inspire controllers have some issue inside the controller as the coms boards seem to work fine in the phantom controller.

Annoyingly, all 4 controllers i have have been left for a long period of time without being powered up. There must be some issue caused in them from this period of inactivity.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on ?

I feel your pain. I have repaired 2 I1 rc's by replacing the hdmi board when they would not connect to any device including, iphone, ipad, android and crystal sky. I tried all kinds of cables, etc. but only the replacement of the hdmi board woke them up. You could try this
but that didn't work for me.
Good luck!

ive already confirmed that the usb boards work in a p3 remote with a p3, do you remember if you could view the video in the app without the hdmi board attached? mine wont let me see anything in the app ever, even without the hdmi board attached, yet the p3 got its telemetry fine when using all of my usb boards from the inspire

ive already confirmed that the usb boards work in a p3 remote with a p3, do you remember if you could view the video in the app without the hdmi board attached? mine wont let me see anything in the app ever, even without the hdmi board attached, yet the p3 got its telemetry fine when using all of my usb boards from the inspire
I don't recall viewing the app w/o the hdmi board. It's been a year ago or more since I had a bad Inspire RC. Sorry.

Hi guys,

But my Iphone is new,

Gen 3 Apple products won't get video feed from the Inspire. I imagine Gen 4 or Gen 5 Apple products are worse. Try connecting with a Gen 2 or older Apple device.

D

Gen 3 Apple products won't get video feed from the Inspire. I imagine Gen 4 or Gen 5 Apple products are worse. Try connecting with a Gen 2 or older Apple device.

D
Ive tried an iphone 6, which used to work fine, and a current cat c40 on android

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters