Help with getting high-res stills from Inspire 1 + Zenmuse X3 setup

Reaction score
Hello all, hoping someone can assist, I have just got a second-hand Inspire 1 v2.0 with Zenmuse X3, my main drone until now has been the Phantom 4.

(Quick aside: I am blown away by the stability of the Inspire platform compared to the Phantom. Now I have flown the Inspire I am not sure I ever want to fly the Phantom again!)

However I have been really disappointed with the quality of the JPG still images from the X3 - the are roughly 3-4MB and fuzzy, compared to the Phantom 4 which regularly shot JPG stills of between 6 and 9MB. My main business is property/premises photography so this is a big deal for me.

I have played around with the settings but without any success so far, can anyone assist me? Attached is an image taken yesterday with the Inspire to illustrate the problem I am having.

Attachments

• DJI_0043.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
First off, welcome to the Inspire family and InspirePilots! I noticed you have your JPG setting set to 16:9 format, switch to 4:3 format so you aren't cropping the top and bottom off, you should get a resolution of 4000×3000 instead of 4000x2250. Also it looks like your exposure compensation is set to +.3 turn the right thumb wheel till it goes back down a step to zero.

Reactions: RickSid
Worked a treat - thanks so much Aerial Pixel, feel a bit stupid for asking now! Attached a new picture taken with the settings adjusted

Attachments

• DJI_0055.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 38
It's a Zenmuse X3 straight out of the box, with an ND filter

Don't use an ND Filter for Photos unless you want motion blur. ND Filters are best used for video.

Reactions: nevinleiby