Help with motion blurr

Reaction score
hi, I'm getting motion blur on the turns when I film in auto / standard settings (im a newbie) how do I stop this? a friend wants me to film at his motor cross track at the weekend and I know there will be lots of motion blur when trying to track the bikes! so I need to get this dialled out! BTW this is with a X5.

many thanks

You're probably gonna need filters as well (most likely a ND16) if you're shooting in the middle of the day because most likely you'll be overexposed without one and you'll want to keep that shutterspeed in the sweet spot.

Reactions: IrishHeights
@JAG1 - This video tutorial covers just about every topic mentioned in this thread.

I'm still trying to choose my sweet point and for now I like most shooting at 30fps, 1/240, F7.1 using variable ND filter.

As a rule of thumb your shutter speed should be double your frame rate so at 25fps you be looking at 1/50th shutter speed, I also found MP4 format to give less blur than mov but that could be an issue with some thing on my computer or with the camera - I'd suggest doing some short test shots with your inspire on a table, pick different settings then pan the gimbal round, this should help you dial in the basic settings that work best for you...