Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hourly Drone Insurance

Reaction score
Website
verifly.com
My company, Verifly, released an on-demand drone insurance app today in partnership with Global Aerospace. $1M policies start at $10 an hour - all delivered instantly via the app. Happy to answer any questions but this will cover an Inspire (and any drone under 15lbs) in most of the US. Coverage today in TechCrunch Verifly launches drone insurance by the flight, and on-demand in the US. Thank you!

Last edited:
My company, Verifly, released an on-demand drone insurance app today in partnership with Global Aerospace. $1M policies start at $10 an hour - all delivered instantly via the app. Happy to answer any questions but this will cover an Inspire (and any drone under 15lbs) in most of the US. Coverage today in TechCrunch Verifly launches drone insurance by the flight, and on-demand in the US. Thank you!
In Australia, we have to have a minimum of 10 million. How does that work?

We have some flexibility in the limits we can offer - and that would include whatever is market in any new territory. In the US $1M covers a vast majority of uses.

It's an interesting idea.
Would this service be available in Europe any time soon? Specifically Netherlands and Germany?
Only for consumers?

Definitely like the idea of a per-use type insurance concept. I'm no professional operator (yet); but if the opportunity arises to use such a system in Canada, it would certainly make it easier to make a viable business case. Just a thought, obviously the liability minimums vary by country regulations, but also I imagine that the operator may want higher than the minimums for certain jobs. It would be good to have the ability to select a liability amount on a per-job basis (if that feature isn't already there).

Reactions: DamesNY
Good Idea. I searched for the app on android and iOS and it didn't show. I was able to find it on my PC. Will you be offering any hull insurance?

Definitely like the idea of a per-use type insurance concept. I'm no professional operator (yet); but if the opportunity arises to use such a system in Canada, it would certainly make it easier to make a viable business case. Just a thought, obviously the liability minimums vary by country regulations, but also I imagine that the operator may want higher than the minimums for certain jobs. It would be good to have the ability to select a liability amount on a per-job basis (if that feature isn't already there).

We're looking at international expansion for 2017. In addition, we have a lot of product features planned which may include adjustable limits.

Downloaded the app and paged through it until I saw that it was not available in Georgia (the state...) yet. I'm sure the holdup has something to do with state insurance regs.
Any idea on when it might be available here in GA?

Downloaded the app and paged through it until I saw that it was not available in Georgia (the state...) yet. I'm sure the holdup has something to do with state insurance regs.
Any idea on when it might be available here in GA?

Verifly is already approved in Georgia with a start date of 8/15. So, if you open the app on or after 08/15 it will work in Georgia. Here is the full list of states: Where is Verifly available? - Verifly Support

Reactions: SixtyMike

This is exactly what I need as a part time entrepreneur.

Are there any small-text exclusions that we should be aware of? What if you have to file a claim? Are you excluded from future coverage?

Reactions: [email protected]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez