Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hourly Drone Insurance

This is a NO BRAINER to me! I signed up immediately and look forward to using many hours in the future. Yes, I do have traditional insurance, but will now reduce the liability and use for primary loss coverage. The best combination is an excess umbrella after this on-demand offering. Awesome concept and well positioned at the right time!

Just downloaded the app, but haven't looked at it yet. Quick question... Can more than 1 hour be purchased at a time? For example, if I'm doing a job and know I'm gonna need 3 hours, can I purchase it at the start and not have to "renew" every hour?

This is just what I was looking for to insure my "just getting started" drone business! The only problem is you don't cover New York! Do you have an idea when drone coverage will be available in NY?

Does this apply to Canada at this time? Would be quite good for my work, its costing me overdose a $1200 a year presently for just $1 m public liability ( no other coverage).
Do you over the option of equipment damage (i.e. Drone damage)?

This is exactly what I need as a part time entrepreneur.

Are there any small-text exclusions that we should be aware of? What if you have to file a claim? Are you excluded from future coverage?
Thanks!

Full details on what is covered and what is not are available on the app - here is the high level What does the policy cover? - Verifly Support and here is a sample policy Can I see a sample policy before I purchase? - Verifly Support

All claims are handled by Global Aerospace - the process is outlined here What information do I need to report a claim? - Verifly Support

Hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions!

Jay

This is just what I was looking for to insure my "just getting started" drone business! The only problem is you don't cover New York! Do you have an idea when drone coverage will be available in NY?
Verifly is based in NYC so we understand the urgency of getting it live in NY (we are live in 42 states). We are pushing as hard as we can - at the latest it will be by the end of the year but hopefully sooner.

Jay

Last edited:
Does this apply to Canada at this time? Would be quite good for my work, its costing me overdose a $1200 a year presently for just $1 m public liability ( no other coverage).
Do you over the option of equipment damage (i.e. Drone damage)?
No hull or equipment coverage at present but this is being explored. We do not currently allow flights to originate in Canada but Canada may be covered in certain situations What if my flight crosses International borders? - Verifly Support. We are looking at international expansion next year.

Jay

This is a NO BRAINER to me! I signed up immediately and look forward to using many hours in the future. Yes, I do have traditional insurance, but will now reduce the liability and use for primary loss coverage. The best combination is an excess umbrella after this on-demand offering. Awesome concept and well positioned at the right time!
Thank you!!!

Just downloaded the app, but haven't looked at it yet. Quick question... Can more than 1 hour be purchased at a time? For example, if I'm doing a job and know I'm gonna need 3 hours, can I purchase it at the start and not have to "renew" every hour?
Good question. Currently you would let the hour expire and purchase again. In the works is the ability to purchase multiple policies at the same time (for example different locations within an hour period) and to offer larger time periods.

Jay

Reactions: Kurt
The app does not show in the App Store. When typing it suggests the app but no results shown. Did the rotten apple taki it down?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 12
That did the trick thanks. I will be a customer when Georgia US becomes live on the 15th

I'm a Drone Flight Instructor and Drone Cinematographer, I work on everything from real estate shoots to broadcast TV and major motion pictures. One of the biggest hurdles for Clients hiring drone pilots 'besides making sure they are legal' is making sure they have insurance specifically liability insurance. As a professional DP/Camera Operator and freelancer, every professional job I do requires me to prove I have insurance. When drones first came out way way back 4 years ago, lol insurance was just not offered, a couple years ago some of the same underwriters that I used in the professional entertainment industry started offering it, but it was very expensive. Now its easier to find, but you have to get a years policy 'usually' and specifically if you want to get a good rate. Who really flies everyday for a year, that you would need to be paying for something you are not using. Additionally with traditional insurance it doesn't matter where you are filming the rate is always high. I got Verifly as soon as I saw the story in tech crunch, I fly all around SoCal and have been testing it. This really is a bid deal, for saving time, money and by allowing you to provide instant proof of insurance company to a client. Th rates change based on geographical location, which totally make sense, why pay the same flying around the desert as you would flying down a street in Hollywood. I think it really is something that should be on everyones phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry