Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How long does the tb48/47 battery life span ?

Reaction score
Ok let say if i charges it and maintaince it perfectly how many filght does it last ... so car i have more than 100 flight.. with two tb47 battery... life show 100% .. i was wonderin how long does it last.. because the battery ain't cheap...:(

Over 230 flight at the moment and still no problems.Only thing I can say don't buy to much batteries at the same time,so in case of a battery runs out of lifespan you don't have to buy all new ones.And off course use all your batteries.

If the life span is lower than 90% You should take into account that the battery may act unpredictably. So I would not use it above water or at long distance. My Phantom's battery reached the 90% life span after 40 cycles.

If the life span is lower than 90% You should take into account that the battery may act unpredictably. So I would not use it above water or at long distance. My Phantom's battery reached the 90% life span after 40 cycles.

40 cycles? there is something very wrong with that battery, i had cheap lipos and the suppose very good very expensive ones, cheap ones did not shown a high internal resistance until at least 70 cycles, and the good ones well past 100.

Reactions: ted35
40 cycles? there is something very wrong with that battery, i had cheap lipos and the suppose very good very expensive ones, cheap ones did not shown a high internal resistance until at least 70 cycles, and the good ones well past 100.
The battery was OK. 90% after 40 cycles is normal. I hope that I1's battery will reach 90% after 100 cycles or more.

If the life span is lower than 90% You should take into account that the battery may act unpredictably.
I wouldn't be able to think of any reason to think that way.

The battery life estimation is there precisely so that percentage and remaining flight time indications remain valid as the battery ages.

If you see it drop significantly from one cycle to another then yes you should start worrying, but apart from that a cell or the whole battery can go bad just about at any time.

Based on 10+ years of using Li-Pos in RC you'll have batteries that die after 10 cycles and others that still go strong after 300, and some that are unusable after 3 months just sitting on a shelf while others are still perfectly good after 3 years.

We can hope DJI use decent manufacturers and test their batches a bit more than typical RC suppliers so they should mostly be on the good side of the curve, but individual experiences will still vary.

I wouldn't be able to think of any reason to think that way.

The battery life estimation is there precisely so that percentage and remaining flight time indications remain valid as the battery ages.

If you see it drop significantly from one cycle to another then yes you should start worrying, but apart from that a cell or the whole battery can go bad just about at any time.

Based on 10+ years of using Li-Pos in RC you'll have batteries that die after 10 cycles and others that still go strong after 300, and some that are unusable after 3 months just sitting on a shelf while others are still perfectly good after 3 years.

We can hope DJI use decent manufacturers and test their batches a bit more than typical RC suppliers so they should mostly be on the good side of the curve, but individual experiences will still vary.
I hope You are right. It will be better for all of us.

i have a couple with 34 charges, one is 100% life and the other is 96. Wonder whats the highest number charges anyone on here has? Im also curious about the expected lifespan of the batteries. Better be hundreds of charges, cause they are way way overpriced in my opinion.

i have a couple with 34 charges, one is 100% life and the other is 96. Wonder whats the highest number charges anyone on here has? Im also curious about the expected lifespan of the batteries. Better be hundreds of charges, cause they are way way overpriced in my opinion.
You're 100% right.First bought 2 batteries for 189,00 Euro and now 229,00.It was said due to international trading it was up with this idiotic rise.Strange to see that it was only going up for Inspire batteries.
But I'm afraid that after a 100 charges it will be over and out.

Does the battery life no mean it can be used until 0%? 10% should mean 90% of the life is over but 10% still left?

Does the battery life no mean it can be used until 0%? 10% should mean 90% of the life is over but 10% still left?
The percentage life is that calculated remaining of the battery's life. Based on recommendations and advice elsewhere, my Ops Manual will require me to stop using batteries below 20%. However, it can only be a guide and constant monitoring and recording is advised to identify potential imminent failures (ie. faulty cells).

I have been flying the phantom 2's a long time and never had any issues with the batteries. One thing that I have learned years ago is to charge the batteries at a low amp rate like 1.5 amp to prolong the life of the battery. It takes a lot longer to charge but the battery lasts longer. I'm still using the original batteries and they work fine. I just bought my inspire and I'm going to do the same thing on them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters