Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to Manually Bind Aircraft and Remote Controller

Tj_

Reaction score
Website
gsomething.net
I was having controller issues and Dji service provided me with a new way of pairing the two. I figured I would share it here since I haven't found it anywhere else.

Step 1: Power on Master Remote Controller and Aircraft.
Step 2: Press the Linking button in the nose of the aircraft, as show in the file attached.
Step 3: On the Remote Controller, Press “C1” + “C2” + “Video Record”
Step 4: Then, press the “Camera Settings Dial”. A green indicator light indicates bind is successful.

Attachments

• I1 binding.pdf
    396.6 KB · Views: 887
I was having controller issues and Dji service provided me with a new way of pairing the two. I figured I would share it here since I haven't found it anywhere else.

Step 1: Power on Master Remote Controller and Aircraft.
Step 2: Press the Linking button in the nose of the aircraft, as show in the file attached.
Step 3: On the Remote Controller, Press “C1” + “C2” + “Video Record”
Step 4: Then, press the “Camera Settings Dial”. A green indicator light indicates bind is successful.
Thank you for sharing. Another undocumented feature not in the User Manual.

My slave controller is the one that "un-linked" itself after an update...will this method work for that? Like I should turn on the master then the slave and preform the linking on the slave? thats my idea at least....

My slave controller is the one that "un-linked" itself after an update...will this method work for that? Like I should turn on the master then the slave and preform the linking on the slave? thats my idea at least....
The most common and easiest way is using the Dji Go app.

If you use this method I posted the master doesn't need to be on. The 2nd controller will pair as a master, then you tell it to be a slave.

Hey guys thank you so much, so I have two issues which I am trying to get to the bottom of. I am trying to bind my old controller to my new I1 craft. On the I1 I see the silver button that is inside the nose area as described in the attached pdf above. What does it exactly feel like when you press that button? On mine it does not feel like there is a "click" when I press, it just feels like a solid button that kind of moves around a little...the button can come out a bit, but when I press there is no discernible feedback, click, movement, pressure change. So my remote is blinking blue...the tail light is blinking yellow, pressing softly, pressing hard, nothing happens when I press that silver button. Any ideas? Also my remote may now have a faulty usb port, nothing happens when I connect the iPad, or usb stick with latest firmware...just solid red light. It does however communicate to the I1 as when it is in pairing mode and blinking blue, I can see a light blinking in the nose whereas it doesn't blink at any other time. Thanks for any help!

Same issue. Tried as you said above and get the blinking blue light on RC but it never turns green..?

Hello TJ
Can i confirm a couple of points , do you keep holding down C1+C2+VR while you press the camera setting dial ,then are you holding down the camera setting dial or just pressing it once.

when i try holding down C1+C2+VR theres no reaction from the Rc , is the purple indicator light supposed to change to Blue???

Thanks

Bump

Can anyone help with my questions below????

Hello TJ
Can i confirm a couple of points , do you keep holding down C1+C2+VR while you press the camera setting dial ,then are you holding down the camera setting dial or just pressing it once.

when i try holding down C1+C2+VR theres no reaction from the Rc , is the purple indicator light supposed to change to Blue???

Thanks

Fixed -- After many many attempts to reset the controller it has finally reset and i have been able to manually bind the controller to the inspire , now have green light to show connected.

Still cant connect to inspire through APP though , thats for another thread.

Thanks

Pwackinspire

Fixed -- After many many attempts to reset the controller it has finally reset and i have been able to manually bind the controller to the inspire , now have green light to show connected.

Still cant connect to inspire through APP though , thats for another thread.

Thanks

Pwackinspire

pwackinspire,

Could You fix this issue? I have the same: RC and AC are binded, but cant connect to the app.
Thanks

Hello Paulo
I had a faulty usb board on my controller , thats why it wouldnt connect to the app , once i replaced the HDMI/USB board it connected without an issue.

hi pwackinspire,

I will make the replacement of the USB board. I hope this solves the issue.
Thanks a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips