HOW TO: Setup and use Waypoints

Hi guys ! just 2 questions about this: first one, what happened if during the waypoints mission the Inspire 1 goes out of range? it keeps going and finish the mission and then enter in FS mode and come back home or just return home as soon as goes out of range?
And the second one, how fare can i go with waypoints? let said can a do a straight line of 1200 meters with 2 or 3 waipoints? ore there is a distance limit?

Distance limit if I remember correctly is about 500 m. An error message will come up if you try to set a way point beyond limit. Depends on what you set for failsafe mode. Hover rth etc.it's been a while since I played with way point mode but I seem to vaguely remember if it loses RC signal it defaults to whatever the failsafe mode selected was and ends to waypoint mission.

You can also stop waypoint mission midway by switching to Atti or GPS modes on RC

With the AutoflightLogic app, the minimum altitude for their waypoint mode is 26 feet.

Is there a minimum altitude requirement for each waypoint in the DJI app?

I believe 3M was the limit as I was using the app. Which was kind of a bummer. There's a nice creek nearby that I wanted to get some upstream footage of. 3M above ground level is about 6M above water... I was hoping for something about 5 feet above the water but it looks like that's not going to happen in waypoint mode.

Well, it would have been nice to be able to plan the waypoint on the map without having to fly it.

But its definitely a welcome start................

Are there other options available?

If I have a csv of text file of waypoints, even KML or GIS shapefile? Would there be other options within the app?

I think your best bet would be to use a 3rd party app, such as Litchi or Autopilot.

@DesertWindAero the apps you recommended seem to be more advanced than DJI's. Just watching videos and reading documentation, I saw Autopilot's Import KML/KMZ feature. Litchi does it slightly differently by using Litchi to plan the mission and Load the mission from it, thus no external data can be imported. Did I got that right or did I miss something else? Thanks!

I like DJI Go for just flying, its simple and clean, but the way-points are lousy. Litchi is great for wayoints, easy to set up on the App or on your PC.