Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I guess I won't be buying one of these any time soon...

Reaction score
Still plagued with problems...

I sure am glad I held off on buying one of these. They sure seem to have their fair share of problems.

D

Not all drones or Inspire 2 have problems. Just like other drones, there may be an occasional issue. However, none of which that cannot be fixed or figured out.

I see a disproportionate amount of problems with Inspire 2's and their cameras. And, ironically, working a film set is where one needs the most reliability. There's not a lot of forgiveness or patience in that environment. I used my Inspire 1's on set for a couple years (before the industry started demanding RAW), and never had a mechanical issues...not one. As this point, I would rather show up with an Inspire 1 and M600 Pro with an X5R than to count on the Inspire 2. I'm sure the Inspire 2 v2 will be a more reliable bird.

I can somewhat relate. My Inspire is being delivered to DJI today after trying 2 different cameras, updates, resetting to factory default and everything else they suggested. Pictures and video had lines all in the greens and dark shadows. Lines in bright light.It was driving me nuts, especially when you need to be using it. Fell back on the trusty Mavic Pro Platinum until DJI can figure out the issue. 25748

I can somewhat relate. My Inspire is being delivered to DJI today after trying 2 different cameras, updates, resetting to factory default and everything else they suggested. Pictures and video had lines all in the greens and dark shadows. Lines in bright light.It was driving me nuts, especially when you need to be using it. Fell back on the trusty Mavic Pro Platinum until DJI can figure out the issue. View attachment 25748
Was this not your problem then????????

No that was not it. DJI recommended sending the camera back and try another one. That didn't help either. They finally recommended to send the whole setup back to them for testing. I tried everything that everyone suggested.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I see a disproportionate amount of problems with Inspire 2's and their cameras. And, ironically, working a film set is where one needs the most reliability. There's not a lot of forgiveness or patience in that environment. I used my Inspire 1's on set for a couple years (before the industry started demanding RAW), and never had a mechanical issues...not one. As this point, I would rather show up with an Inspire 1 and M600 Pro with an X5R than to count on the Inspire 2. I'm sure the Inspire 2 v2 will be a more reliable bird.
We have done several hundred jobs and own four inspire 2s with two x7 setups. Love the lenses and Have a 9mm as well......we have none of these issues to date. I built two of the inspire 2s into ground use rigs and they give us a connection issue now and then when using multiple controllers. Our cresendence controllers work better than the stock ones but we do not fly out of sight. We work under our 107 with full FAA Clearence for a year at a time in a controlled airspace so we are very careful so not to push any limits.
This sight has definitely taught us some good practices and we are thankful for that.
I do think if you follow a careful routine the inspire 2 is an incredible machine. I still own 5 inspire 1 and my son has one as well.....going to have to find a use for them at some point...maybe 360 rigs. Glad to hear you still use yours...they will always have a place in my heart.

Reactions: MBrewington
Not all drones or Inspire 2 have problems. Just like other drones, there may be an occasional issue. However, none of which that cannot be fixed or figured out.

Exactly.

Also, folks rarely post here to say “everything is working great”, they come for help with issues.

Here you have line of sight to a sampling of the defects, but you have virtually no line of sight to the opportunities. You would need both variables to begin any type of analysis of the platform.

Exactly.

Also, folks rarely post here to say “everything is working great”, they come for help with issues.

Here you have line of sight to a sampling of the defects, but you have virtually no line of sight to the opportunities. You would need both variables to begin any type of analysis of the platform.
True, but I think for the x7 ability...we have done more with one than most ever thought possible. My thought is: it’s a complicated piece of equipment but it has an amazing capability to shoot epic footage at a portion of the price of a RED cam. It is very true that all you see here for the most part is problems and that can be scary when it comes time to make an expensive purchase. I also think that this forum is known as the place to go for inspire pilots and when we read of issues we are seeing the “worst of the worst” . How many are out there and doing fine? They sure sold enough of them. We see crews filming on instagram all the time that are happy with the inspire 2.
I feel it’s big advantage is the x7 and the range of lenses.....it’s proof is when you compare the footage on a big screen. It truly separates it from others. We are about 20 drones deep now and have certainly spent money on garbage but this x7 platform is excellent. Thanks

Reactions: Paul7of8
Just got the email from DJI. They are replacing the gimbal vibration board and cable and the main control module all under warranty. Kudos to DJI for standing behind their product.

Good day All,

I've had the pleasure of utilizing our I2 X7 16mm setup flawlessly. Operated under National SFOC in Canada with many special permissions and insurances to meet various client expectations. Many trusted us with this platform and it never let us down.

Rick Longpre
@truenorthuav

57336219_10161660447890593_1187598903051026432_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MobileAndMonitoring
We have done several hundred jobs and own four inspire 2s with two x7 setups. Love the lenses and Have a 9mm as well......we have none of these issues to date.

What's your secret? Mine was simple. Find a working, reliable firmware/software combination, and STICK with it. All 3 of my Inspire 1's run FW v1.08.xx and we use legacy Go App v3.1.1. I added the 32 channel hack and now all 3 of them are rock solid. I don't use them much these days, but when I do, I can count on them to work with zero issues. I imagine if I ever did purchase an Inspire 2 I would follow those same paradigms.

I built two of the inspire 2s into ground use rigs and they give us a connection issue now and then when using multiple controllers. Our cresendence controllers work better than the stock ones but we do not fly out of sight.

Working film in the mountains and woods my PIC had to fly beyond VLOS all the time...especially if there were vehicles involved. We once did a scene for Graves that took the bird a mile out. As much as our PIC wanted to fly VLOS, it just wasn't practical.

We work under our 107 with full FAA Clearence for a year at a time in a controlled airspace so we are very careful so not to push any limits.

We worked on closed sets under the 333, which I believe carries a different set of rules. I was always camera op, so I deferred to the PIC. To be honest, I haven't done film work in over a year. So I don't know if things have changed regarding the 107 and closed sets. But back in the 333 days, my PIC would bring an entire binder of paper work to be able to legally get the shots the DP wanted. We even worked in Class D once on BLM land (Taos Gorge). That was a HUGE pile of paperwork, as I recall.

This sight has definitely taught us some good practices and we are thankful for that.
I do think if you follow a careful routine the inspire 2 is an incredible machine. I still own 5 inspire 1 and my son has one as well.....going to have to find a use for them at some point...maybe 360 rigs. Glad to hear you still use yours...they will always have a place in my heart.

Agreed. I use my Inspire 1 for Construction Progress gigs. No special reason...I'm sure I could use the P4P, but I started off programming waypoint flights for the Inspire 1, and am just too lazy to reprogram everything for the P4P. Besides, the Inspire 1 does a great job for those gigs...so if it ain't broke....

D

Great input on the I2 experiences. I fly with an I2, and I1 as backup. The I2 w/ x5s for me and is a great unit. I did back it into a mountain doing a flyback shot once, and that was not good. DJI refresh had it fixed and back to me in 10 days. I love the power and feel of the I2. That said, my I1 has always done a great job also. It is simply short on apps that I use on the I2. I would love the x7 for my I2, but so far am happy with what I get now for my filming projects.

I experienced this on my I2 w/ x4s a year or so ago. DJI replaced the camera and all was good.

Still plagued with problems...

View attachment 25742

I sure am glad I held off on buying one of these. They sure seem to have their fair share of problems.

D
I have two Inspire 2s and I've been flying one of them, in particular, for 2 years. I've had only minor problems - all caused by me. My X5S has worked wonderfully and my aircraft have flown without any trouble at all. I also have an M210 RTK which I've barely flown and i hope it turns out to be as reliable as my primary Inspire 2 has been. I'm glad I didn't hold off because I'm having a lot of fun with mine. I wish everyone else could have the good luck that I seem to have had.

I've had a few Inspire 2's, varying firmware, X5 & X7 and have never had any of these issues listed. Guess YMMV or it's just a lot of user error hah.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters