Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I guess it was bound to happen

Reaction score
First crash. After takeoff, it flew away, and rolled along the farmers field.

Any way to figure out what I did? Or what went wrong?
3ec6cd0e913db4cc47aa88d90005d9af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find that where?
I looked at the flight log, it said it reached a height of 3.3 feet.
I'd say it was at about 15 feet.

On every pre-flight, you should look at all of your readings, battery cell levels, GPS locks, and most importantly, Mod values. You can find these under "Sensors"... Your values are not available in the flight log. This is why you should check them before lift off. A compass reading outside of the 1400-1600 value is asking for trouble.... ask me how I know. I didn't crash, but it was a struggle to get her back on the ground.

Reactions: The Editor
Kenny,

Sorry to see this. My heart goes out to you man. There is a flight log on the Aircraft. You can access it via USB on the tail of the aircraft. Here's a YouTube video on how to get the logs.

BTW: I have not done this before - I feel so bad for you I thought compelled to do a little research for ya!

Thank you!
I will have a look and post up what I see!!

Kenny,

Sorry to see this. My heart goes out to you man. There is a flight log on the Aircraft. You can access it via USB on the tail of the aircraft. Here's a YouTube video on how to get the logs.

BTW: I have not done this before - I feel so bad for you I thought compelled to do a little research for ya!

So are you saying that you can see what the Mod Values were before take off?

No, all you can do with the log is send it to DJI for review. There is no software available for us to do anything with it.

They will be able to know everything that happened though, and most importantly (for them) can then decide whether it is a fault of the product or user error to determine how to proceed about repair charges or warranty coverage.

First crash. After takeoff, it flew away, and rolled along the farmers field.

Any way to figure out what I did? Or what went wrong?
3ec6cd0e913db4cc47aa88d90005d9af.jpg

OK - highrpm beat me to it but from what you have said you did not or did not know how to check your mod values before take-off. That's the first mistake but leaving that aside what exactly were the symptoms after you took off?

Was it in GPS mode?
Did it hover steady or seemed like it was moving in a circle?
Did it drift of it's own accord with no stick input?
Did you do an IMU calibration in the field (bad idea)?
Did you do a compass cal anywhere near your pickup?

Give us some more details....

Reactions: Highrpm955
Hey Kenny!!
Sorry you had a touch of bad luck!!
Don't let it get you down and dont take it too hard ,it happens to the best of us...
Im guessing you weren't using a screen recording device like mobizen or shou..
Guys these devices will help you determine what happens in the event you have a problem..also they can aid in learning how your inspire works..
Hopefully your logs will show some type of malfunction (if the logs weren't erased or corrupted)and they will see something that caused the crash if not I guessing your repair will be in the 700.00 range if you need a camera and wire harness ..
I hope you get it repaired quickly and get back in the air soon!!
Turbo..

Last edited:
Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Actually I checked it out.
The only damage was a broken clip on the harness that connects the gimbal to the drone.
That and props.
Haven't turned it on yet.

Actually I checked it out.
The only damage was a broken clip on the harness that connects the gimbal to the drone.
That and props.
Haven't turned it on yet.

But you still have no idea what caused it!

Hence my questions above.

OK - highrpm beat me to it but from what you have said you did not or did not know how to check your mod values before take-off. That's the first mistake but leaving that aside what exactly were the symptoms after you took off?

Was it in GPS mode?
Did it hover steady or seemed like it was moving in a circle?
Did it drift of it's own accord with no stick input?
Did you do an IMU calibration in the field (bad idea)?
Did you do a compass cal anywhere near your pickup?

Give us some more details....

Gps good. Beginner mode. First little flight was good.
Reached beginner mode limits.

Tried rth just to see what happens. It tried to land on the truck. Launched 30 feet from it. I used the sticks to make it land.

Second flight ( crash) took off. Hovered, and I flew away from the truck. Then it went off on its own. Sticks had no impact on the flight path.

No imu calibration.
Gps was calibrated yesterday, in front of my house.

Nervous to try it again...

I'm guessing you got a bad compass calibration..
Make sure you are doing it correctly..
If it was mine Id determine if I should send it in for repair or repair it myself..
Looks like the camera took the brunt of the crash..
You can buy one seperatly ,but if the clip is damaged too badly that might be what makes you have to send it in..
Unless you can find one off a crashed inspire and install it yourself..
You might want to decide what course of action you're going to take before flying again..
If you're going to fly before you send it in or whatever calibrate the compass and then fly it and see if that corrects the problem..if it does you know what happened..
Good luck!!!
Turbo...

I'm hoping I can just get the single harness separate.
I have already put it all back together. Lost a pair of rubber mounts too.

Going to fire it back up, later on today.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Took it out in the front yard. Everything seems to be fine.
Mod was 1456. Still did a compass cal.

Still worried that it may happen again.

One member mention imu cal.
What is it, and should it be done?

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Ya man!! The inspire will prompt you to do an IMU calibration if needed..
Just check your aircraft status and It will tell you if you need to calibrate your IMU..
Some recommend doing a IMU calibration after a crash but if the app doesn't require it you should be good!!
Like I said before I believe you had a poor compass calibration causing your issues..
If you re calibrated your compass and it fly's correctly that was your problem..
Turbo...

Hopefully all that dirt and mud comes out of the motors hate to hear you crashed again bc a motor went out

Went back to the field. Burned through 3 batts, and no issues. Beginner mode is kinda boring, but will stick with it for a while yet!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth