Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I need sound on my videos Wtf!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
got lots of toys .. Shelby gt.... Camaro1le .. Holden commodore SS ..ZX14r zx10r ..ducati hyper .. 4 quad copters and your point is I buy stuff that I like to do not to impress anyone I been flying for a long time started on helis years ago .if I was looking to impress I would fly a 600 size heli as that takes skill there no skill needed to fly quads there quite easy as ...girlfriend flys just as good she been flying a vision 2 plus ..all the stupid comments because I assumed a 3000 dollar product would have a mic or record audio some how ....sorry I even mentioned it ..too all the nice guys who offered some help instead of just bashing or rolling thank you ..

Did you research those toys when you bought them or did you just go out and buy them? And you would think with your background in rc heli and owning 4 quads, you would know/understand that the audio is terrible and have found a better solution?

Reactions: Drone Mastery
Expecting sound is just dumb. The blades are super noisy it would be completely unusable anyway.

If you want sound buy a mic and an external recorder. No one uses built in sound, even on regular cameras as the quality is poor.

I can't believe no sound I bought this to film my clubs track rental events for our drag racing and what good is it if you can't hear the cars ..any way to get sound !! If not this thing is useless other than just flying for the sake of flying !!!
not to be rude but Obviously you have never flown a Quadcopter before, you would not be able to capture sound at the same time as flying.. all you would hear is buzzing bee sounds (props) i was filming a concert with Gopro phantom a year ago and you couldnt even hear the Loud speaker music almost right next to speaker while props are spinning. If you know anything about recording sound get a zoom h6 or better and place it on the track and do some real video editing...... yes a quad with gopro can record sound but its garbage with props.

Reactions: cyberhawk1
not to be rude but Obviously you have never flown a Quadcopter before, you would not be able to capture sound at the same time as flying.. all you would hear is buzzing bee sounds (props) i was filming a concert with Gopro phantom a year ago and you couldnt even hear the Loud speaker music almost right next to speaker while props are spinning. If you know anything about recording sound get a zoom h6 or better and place it on the track and do some real video editing...... yes a quad with gopro can record sound but its garbage with props.
Yeah never flown a drone before typical tool bag !!!!

Thanks good idea ..I never needed sound for the stuff I did until a week ago some guys in my car club said it would be cool if I could video them but when the topic of audio came up it got me thinking that's what started this ...of course I knew the majority of quads had no sound I assumed there would be a way to do it due to the amount of tech in this quad ..thanks for the idea

Thanks good idea ..I never needed sound for the stuff I did until a week ago some guys in my car club said it would be cool if I could video them but when the topic of audio came up it got me thinking that's what started this ...of course I knew the majority of quads had no sound I assumed there would be a way to do it due to the amount of tech in this quad ..thanks for the idea
Did you happen to read my reply? It's on the first page of your thread.

You can still make your video look awesome add some sound effects add music to it. I work For a sport network and we edit videos teasers and we get the footage and you would be surprise how awesome the videos look once it's edited and there's music and on top you add some sound effects and you get some pro video to show to people.

For a quick sample of locally recorded audio mixed with aerial video, (and a shameless plug for a few extra non-money making video views), check out my opening and 2nd-last (1:15m mark) scenes in my short little Cozumel video.

Recorded audio mixed in (tastefully and realistically I hope), with the music. The trick is to make very careful audio gain adjustments (sometimes using key frames) so it sounds like what you would hear from the distance of the video being shown.

The human brain easily detects a fake so you need to spend a bit of time getting it just right.

<shameless plug>
</shameless plug>

For a quick sample of locally recorded audio mixed with aerial video, (and a shameless plug for a few extra non-money making video views), check out my opening and 2nd-last (1:15m mark) scenes in my short little Cozumel video.

Recorded audio mixed in (tastefully and realistically I hope), with the music. The trick is to make very careful audio gain adjustments (sometimes using key frames) so it sounds like what you would hear from the distance of the video being shown.

The human brain easily detects a fake so you need to spend a bit of time getting it just right.

<shameless plug>
</shameless plug>
Diegetic vs non-diegetic sound..... Always use this little subconscious technique. Makes a huge difference. :)

Reactions: damoncooper
Please explain how a microphone inches from the props will pick up the sound of cars 100s of feet away. Really, users should have to pass a basic intelligence test before being allowed to buy a multirotor.

Reactions: TheDJIFanboy
I can't believe no sound I bought this to film my clubs track rental events for our drag racing and what good is it if you can't hear the cars ..any way to get sound !! If not this thing is useless other than just flying for the sake of flying !!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I get what you're saying, I have a Yuneec Q500+ with audio. I think that it's a worthy feature. At take off you can say the date and location which isn't a big deal but in watching my flying videos for some reason I enjoy having the volume on low and listening to the changing RPM, without it there seems to be something missing. I'm not griping about it but a microphone is probably a minor expense and I like having it. I can get used to not having on my Inspire. Yuneec added the mic on the 500 plus. I hope DJI will add it in the future. I don't think it costs much.

I use a Zoom H1 stuffed in my pocket with a stereo lapel mic. Total cost $120. I use a hand clap in view of the camera to sync up the recoding with the video later on. I then have the option of just recording the audio of the background sound or in some cases my voice. I often record what I am doing during the flight to test various camera changes or whatever. I also use a wind screen on the mics to cut down on the wind noise. The Zoom is a regular part of my flight setup. With this setup you can also locate a mic and/or the recorder itself at a particular area you are filming. The side of a racetrack for instance.

I guess I assumed this inspire 1 had audio .. My bad so I wasted 3k I will give it to my girlfriend for her photography hobby as she only cares about stills and some video .. I only need a quad that does ok video with audio ..what's the point of filming motor sports without audio
I guess I assumed this inspire 1 had audio .. My bad so I wasted 3k I will give it to my girlfriend for her photography hobby as she only cares about stills and some video .. I only need a quad that does ok video with audio ..what's the point of filming motor sports without audio just my opinion ..maybe I can get a gimble with a go pro 3 or 4 for my phantom vision 2 v3 for my needs or wait for the other 2 quads to come out and try those..I guess you live and learn
The pros record at ground level and adjust the audio volume to match the drones distance
just my opinion ..maybe I can get a gimble with a go pro 3 or 4 for my phantom vision 2 v3 for my needs or wait for the other 2 quads to come out and try those..I guess you live and learn
The pros record at ground level and match the sound using a clapper. Also adjusting the volume and pitch for distance and closing speed. Good video takes good source and post production. Garry

got lots of toys .. Shelby gt.... Camaro1le .. Holden commodore SS ..ZX14r zx10r ..ducati hyper .. 4 quad copters and your point is I buy stuff that I like to do not to impress anyone I been flying for a long time started on helis years ago .if I was looking to impress I would fly a 600 size heli as that takes skill there no skill needed to fly quads there quite easy as ...girlfriend flys just as good she been flying a vision 2 plus ..all the stupid comments because I assumed a 3000 dollar product would have a mic or record audio some how ....sorry I even mentioned it ..too all the nice guys who offered some help instead of just bashing or rolling thank you ..

LOL seems you only do its try to impress, If you though that you were going to have a mic and somehow the noise from the propellers wouldn't overpower any noise around the copter, then you need watch yourself you may not be very bright to fly around these quads, in case what you are saying is true of course... because I bet everything you say here is pretty much a lie.

You are not going to get any audio out of any quadcopter.. It will just be a buzzing sound no dicernable sounds other then that. I have flown (with permission and such) over a concert 20 feet from stage and i couldnt get any sound from a gopro on phantom 2 of the music that could be heard for like a mile . Do what real film makers do use a editing machine and do a little work..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare