Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I2 Landing Accuracy?

Reaction score
Should my I2 return home to the same position it launched from on my Orange H Pad every time?

If:
* Low / No Wind
* VPS Calibrated
* P-Mode
* Stable lighting conditions (Sunny on ground)

If currently lands about 1-2feet off center from take off position. Is this an acceptable variation?

Thanks,
Birton

This is what I see with my I2.

Which leads me to pick a take-off point that is well clear of any obstacles, so that that 1 to 2 feet don't matter.

Perhaps out of idle curiosity or skepticism where are the ‘yes’ answers getting the data for the ‘yes’? I’ve seen, or better, am not aware of any documentation that asserts the errors. But admittedly I have not looked too hard.'

Only my Mavic Pro is better, within inches, in Precision Takeoff Mode. Sadly, DJI abandoned that feature on every aircraft since.

Whenever I use the Home mode, I never let it try and find it's original LZ spot. I will use the Home mode to bring it back closer to me and then I take over. Often there is too much risk of it being slightly off and bumping a rock or bush or something nearby that could break a prop, etc. 100% of the time I bring it down exactly where I want it.

Reactions: Lesmess
Whenever I use the Home mode, I never let it try and find it's original LZ spot. I will use the Home mode to bring it back closer to me and then I take over. Often there is too much risk of it being slightly off and bumping a rock or bush or something nearby that could break a prop, etc. 100% of the time I bring it down exactly where I want it.
That's the way to go with Inspire 1 or 2, actually with any DJI quad for this matter. Thankfully they got rid of this idiotic Yes?/No? confirmation request after you hit RTH cancelling button. I've been requesting this for eons ...

Totally concur with the prompt: Y/N. I would always forget about it when I was looking back up to my bird. I think 100% of the time the cancellation is done when it gets closer and is easily seen.

Not only the Mavics have that level of precision during landing, light condition allowing, also the Phantom 4 Pro/Advanced and similar have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop