Image MP query

Reaction score
Hi all

I apologise for a newbie question but I'm wondering why the digital stills I'm taking are only 7 -8 MP in size (according to the DJI Go app when you look at them in the Gallery) when it is a 20 MP camera taking them! Is there a setting to increase the image MP size? I've looked through the X4S manual and searched on this forum but I haven't been able to turn up an answer.

I would like eventually to acquire very high resolution stills for aerial mapping so I can zoom in and not lose detail.

Thanks

Reactions: SanCap
i do not know about the camera as i don't own one yet but for aerial mapping the distance from ground is also a factor (sirley you know that i guess ) i usually make images with drone deploy varing (depending on terrain) from 50- obviously flat terrain to 100-150m agl and still have good detail with my I1 - X3
the app takes the highest rate possible by default as far as i know and noticed... you can adjust resolution in the app under the camera menu...

no offense meant and just adding my 2c
cheers
Martin

Are you taking them as JPG or DNG?

Michael

Thanks for the answers back;

Martin - I haven't done any aerial mapping yet but I am aware that height will factor into it - thank you (no offence taken; I appreciate you taking the time to comment).

Michael - The photos were as JPGs so I'm guessing this is my mistake. Am I right in thinking that DNG is a type of RAW file then and would therefore create larger files with greater resolution?

All the best.

I think this is a good answer to your question. Why does a 22.3 MP camera produce a 7 MB file size?

Reactions: slim.slamma