Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 arm booms not symmetrical after hard landing (not arms angle problem)

Reaction score
I recently crashed my Inspire 1 Pro x5. Broke pan motor on x5 (currently welding it with glue, hope it will work).
During diy repair process I noticed that booms are not aligned, right arm is about 8mm more up front than left arm, please see pictures attached.
Im not sure is this normal or is it consequence of the hard landing?
IMG_6625.JPG

If it's not normal, can I adjust it? Probably something with center frame fork that holds arms, but can they rotate or they are fixed in that position?
41B1kZ5EpqL._SX425_.jpg
thanks for reading :)

Attachments

• IMG_6624.JPG
    IMG_6624.JPG
    792.7 KB · Views: 14
I recently crashed my Inspire 1 Pro x5. Broke pan motor on x5 (currently welding it with glue, hope it will work).
During diy repair process I noticed that booms are not aligned, right arm is about 8mm more up front than left arm, please see pictures attached.
Im not sure is this normal or is it consequence of the hard landing?
View attachment 26235

If it's not normal, can I adjust it? Probably something with center frame fork that holds arms, but can they rotate or they are fixed in that position?
View attachment 26236
thanks for reading :)
You are looking at the mounting system. Look at the carbon fiber arms themselves. In your photo THEY look symmetrical. Note that the metal arm mounting extensions you are refererencing in the photo are made to different lengths (left & right). The center part of the Inspire series is made like a tank. The carbon arms nearly always break off before any of the metal center deforms even slightly.

Yep Jim, you're right. it's all good with arms, I have tested bird without camera and it fly great.
Now, to fix X5, I managed to weld yaw motor but it seems that connection board is also dead and it can't be found anywhere as a spare part.
Only place where I could find it don't have stock and they don't respond on emails...
DJI trying hard to keep #1 position in shitty customer service.

This happened to me when I grabbed the 10-metre-high drone. The metal bracket had been distorted by the impact. I tried to repair it by disassembling it and gently re-wringing it but I never managed to rectify it completely. It’s very tedious to do, and I don’t think we need to try it. Unless we want to change the whole room. And above all this does not really interfere with the flight. The IMU easily compensates for a small loss of symmetry. For the X5 camera it is worth trying to have it repaired. It’s generally fairly inexpensive, and it’s often a nine-way exchange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell