Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Best Mods (Without voiding warranty)

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I finally bought my inspire 1 v1, and I wonder what is the best I can do on him without losing my warranty!
I thought about using carbon fiber props, is there a real improvment? also thinking about buying the quick and release propeller instalation kit for using with the new props. I dont need a battery mod since I plan on using profissionally so performance is much more important than flight times, I would rather have more batteries than long flight times!

I was looking for the 3510h motors but they are costing 140 dollars all 4 and I find them a bit expensive, maybe in the future I´ll do the upgrade!

People here will tell you not to get carbon fiber props. There are a number of threads debating the topic.

The I1 v1 is a great vehicle on it's own. I'd say get a good hard case with wheels, especially if you're going to be using this professionally. Invest in battery management tools. PhantomAngel and Smart Powercharge are pricey but both great.

All I would do is change the props and mounts to 1345T. This will not void the warranty and is proven to be the best system.
I have the smart powercharge and it is worth every penny.

Reactions: Salomão
if you change anything but the color or is not revertible adios warranty... and flying over water..
anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

m

I'm SUPER interested in mods as well and don't care about the warranty...any cool mods out there for the more daring?

--Brent
Play 5 Multimedia, LLC

Hey guys,
I finally bought my inspire 1 v1, and I wonder what is the best I can do on him without losing my warranty!
I thought about using carbon fiber props, is there a real improvment? also thinking about buying the quick and release propeller instalation kit for using with the new props. I dont need a battery mod since I plan on using profissionally so performance is much more important than flight times, I would rather have more batteries than long flight times!

I was looking for the 3510h motors but they are costing 140 dollars all 4 and I find them a bit expensive, maybe in the future I´ll do the upgrade!

You may also consider upgrading to the newer camera plate for the X5. I think it's worth it even if you're not going to fly an X5.

Zenmuse-X5-Vibration-Absorbing-Board-3-e1442327295100.jpg

why would it be worthy if you are not upgrading fpr an X5? I dont see a reason!

Fair question! The answer is because it is definitely more stable than the original design. Think of this analogy: is it easier to maintain your balance with your feet together or shoulder width apart? Same principle applies here.

ask the moderators nicely and they might hit you with a link :) some english lads are really special on here :) but Mazz is a blast on what he is doing in his "free" time... The Editor should be in a stand up comedy club talking about drones and their technical backgrounds and how dangerous plastic bags can be which are spotted by real life passenger pilots saying it was a drone... you'd crack of off laughing... but, give it a try. you won't regret it. best forum i have seen yet ever :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair question! The answer is because it is definitely more stable than the original design. Think of this analogy: is it easier to maintain your balance with your feet together or shoulder width apart? Same principle applies here.
I did this upgrade.. definitely a cheap one to do, and works well. Just don't forget to cut the teets off the top after installation, they will not clear the props.

I too have been looking for power upgrades. Unable to find any. the 1350H motors are not worth the money over the regular motors. If you can use the same esc's it might be worth it. But I don't know if you can use the same ones.

I too have been looking for power upgrades. Unable to find any. the 1350H motors are not worth the money over the regular motors. If you can use the same esc's it might be worth it. But I don't know if you can use the same ones.
I'm not real sure. I'd be interested to know how much of the I1 is propriety and how much of it (prolly none) is off the shelf type stuff. Like, would it be possible to swap in bigger motors and ESCs without DJI's FC flipping out...that kind of thing. I expect the thing to be super locked out but it'd be interesting to know where the line is.

--Brent
Play 5 Multimedia, LLC

Taken to the extreme, I suppose you could gut the I1 and just use the frame. How crazy would it be to take all of DJI's electronics out and replace it all with super uber crazy motors, ESCs, AIO FC, VTX, PDB, etc. Imagine the thing with some super powerful motors and a 5 or 6S battery!

Inspire 1: FPV Race Edition.

lol

--Brent
Play 5 Multimedia, LLC

Reactions: Phatzo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa