Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Firmware update issue 7/10/17 v 01.11.01.50 .

Did some direct flying yesterday rather than my usual mapping using Map Pilot and got the limitation warning. When I carefully tested it and edged towards the warning notice limits I found there was no physical limit. I ended up (carefully!) getting several hundred metres away. So maybe the limit was fixed just not the warning notice. Anyone else able to fly beyond the warning notice stated limits?
Yes, that is my experience. Only a warning.

If anyone wants to downgrade the Inspire firmware multiple steps, create an empty file using notepad or an equivalent text editor on the root directory of the SD Card with the file name - no extension:
WM610_FW_DEBUG if using an X3 camera or
WM610_FC550_FW_DEBUG if using an X5 camera

Go backwards in single steps and be aware that at a certain point when encryption was introduced to the control/video signals so the remote will require a downgrade to 1.5.80 to regain connection

This may not eliminate all issues, but I have avoided recent firmware updates because of irregular issues with flight restrictions and video transmission problems

further to my comments in post #92 what was conspicuously missing was the detailed information which should normally be included when discussing stuff... my apology in this regard.

app 3.1.18
aircraft 1.11.01.50+
r/c 1.7.80
camera 1.10.1.40

The above are the versions which were running in early September. I was having the height/distance issue and chose to delete the app on my ipad air and reinstall it... I mentioned I would come back and report my findings and I'm happy to say everything seems to be back to normal at least for now.

Some have reported when they made the change... deleted/reinstalled just the app that the issue returned a number of days later. this hasn't happened to me as yet... I'm hoping things will stay normal until the next round of firmware or software updates. Yes I know thoroughly optimistic!

I fly and practice a lot. I have 9 batteries and generally fly several of the batteries down and have not seen the height/distance limitations since reinstalling the app on each of my days flying. When I land on a depleted battery I just set the r/c down leaving it powered up, go over to the drone, shut the battery down, remove and install a freshly charged battery, turn it on, walk back to the r/c, wait a minute until everything is recognized, do a flight check and start flying... been doing it since earlier Sept. when I notice the issue....

so for some I'd say delete the app on your device first... it's a pretty quick deal compared to some other possible solutions... if it doesn't work obviously you're going to have to put more time and energy in resolving your issue.

Fly Safe and of course have fun doing it...
jk

Reactions: IrishSights

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game