Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Firmware update issue 7/10/17 v 01.11.01.50 .

Have you tried as follows

Connect tablet to RC
Open app to I1 landing page
Turn on RC and wait for it to connect
Once connected turn on Inspire and wait for everything to connect
Enter camera view
Even worse actually because you have to close the app out . Usually if you open the app last in the sequence at start up the limit is not there till you shut the battery off or change batteries. Then you have to restart the app or the limit will be there.

Having made around thirty flights without this problem I thought the latest DJI Go update hade cured it .. how wrong I was!

The same issue is back again, if I change the battery without shutting down & restarting the DJI Go app the 30m height restriction re-appears!

This is getting very tedious. Please get it sorted DJI...

Having made around thirty flights without this problem I thought the latest DJI Go update hade cured it .. how wrong I was!

The same issue is back again, if I change the battery without shutting down & restarting the DJI Go app the 30m height restriction re-appears!

This is getting very tedious. Please get it sorted DJI...

It appears it's not fully fixed. i noticed another user still faced this issue. I think the only way to make DJI aware of this is to open a ticket with them.

I already have gotten into the habit of closing the app when I power down the bird now so even if they do fix it I probably will not notice. Lol

I've noticed that when I use my Samsung tablet, there are no limits. I'm running 1.9.1.10 AC and 3.1.5 RC ?? I only get limits w/ iPhone. ???

Did some direct flying yesterday rather than my usual mapping using Map Pilot and got the limitation warning. When I carefully tested it and edged towards the warning notice limits I found there was no physical limit. I ended up (carefully!) getting several hundred metres away. So maybe the limit was fixed just not the warning notice. Anyone else able to fly beyond the warning notice stated limits?

I've noticed that when I use my Samsung tablet, there are no limits. I'm running 1.9.1.10 AC and 3.1.5 RC ?? I only get limits w/ iPhone. ???
Same here. It's a problem with the apple version of the app. The last app update seemed to fix it for some but not all.

Did some direct flying yesterday rather than my usual mapping using Map Pilot and got the limitation warning. When I carefully tested it and edged towards the warning notice limits I found there was no physical limit. I ended up (carefully!) getting several hundred metres away. So maybe the limit was fixed just not the warning notice. Anyone else able to fly beyond the warning notice stated limits?
Haven't tried that yet. Will try and let ya know.

I have upgraded to the latest firmware, I know, stupid me! Every time i take off it does the 30m height/distance restriction on me. I have to land the bird, power everything back off and then back on including the dji go app. Then it will go over 30M, why is it doing this every time? I have even flown for a while and then move, and launch with the same battery and have it restrict my altitude and distance. Is this upgrade that bad? Should I downgrade the firmware.

Also to mention the video / fpv transmission disconnects and can take up to a minute to reconnect.
Please help.

I've had the issue, mainly discussed in this thread but still kept getting that brown error screen with the 30/50...
I thought I was running the latest firmware but I wasn't... I thought the firmware in the drone got updated when you run updates but when I checked it wasn't the latest and the best way to get a firmware update into the drone properly is to copy the most current bin file downloaded from DJI onto a micro sd and update the drone using that card... There a numerous instructions on how to do the drone update properly. Just make sure you don't turn on the RC remote during the process... reminder to also maybe run all your batteries through the drone afterwards to make they are also all current with updates...
a word of warning though with firmware updates... not all of them are good or perfect so talk to other Inspire pilots who can confirm a particular firmware version gets rid of more headaches than it creates....

so if your having that height/distance panel popping up after trying a bunch of things double check what firmware is actually "in" the drone...
I sure wasted a lotta time with this issue thinking no my drone firmware is up-to-date... when it really wasn't...
jk

I am running the following at the moment on my Inspire Pro X5R
App 3.1.15
Aircraft version 1.9.1.30+
RC Version 1.7.60
Camera Version 1.9.1.10
A9 PLUS version 01.15.18.09

I have not updated since i flew over the mekong earlier this year at distances of 2km or more - 4.6km round about on 1 flight of up too 500m height and had no issues. I flew just recently with the same above versions and the 30m height and 50m distance warning came up. I flew past that to 100m height and 100m distance without any issue. I had to cut short due to rain otherwise i would have flown further. Does anyone have any ideas or whether the above Versions are as good and stable as i hope they are as i ahve another shoot coming up over a rainforest and dont want any issues. all advise is greatly appreciated as ever.

I am running the following at the moment on my Inspire Pro X5R
App 3.1.15
Aircraft version 1.9.1.30+
RC Version 1.7.60
Camera Version 1.9.1.10
A9 PLUS version 01.15.18.09

I have not updated since i flew over the mekong earlier this year at distances of 2km or more - 4.6km round about on 1 flight of up too 500m height and had no issues. I flew just recently with the same above versions and the 30m height and 50m distance warning came up. I flew past that to 100m height and 100m distance without any issue. I had to cut short due to rain otherwise i would have flown further. Does anyone have any ideas or whether the above Versions are as good and stable as i hope they are as i ahve another shoot coming up over a rainforest and dont want any issues. all advise is greatly appreciated as ever.
The app version is what is causing your flight limitations. Sign out of the app on any and all devices that you may use with the bird. Go to dji website and log out there also and log back in. Then log back in on the apps. That seems to work for a number of people but not all. If it doesn't work for you the only way to combat the problem is to start the app last on start up and to close the app when changing the battery,once the battery is fired up and the bird has gone thru it's start up sequence then you can open the app.

After 1.11 upgrade my video HD range dropped to half and has never returned. It's funny that I get the brand new I1 V2 with 1.9 firmware it's freaking awesome.

Bought a Z3 camera and ordered XT thermal camera then 1.11 firmware comes out a few days later and my I1 is now a huge disappointment to me. I canceled XT order as I can't see spending that much money for a craft/thermal cam that barely gets 1200-1500ft now in prime conditions before video starts dropping out bad.

I had hope DJI would fix the issue, but now I'm starting to think it wasn't a accident and the great HD video range will not be returning. I now wish I had not spent the money for the I1 V2.0. I'm thinking of selling the whole kit on eBay and buying the new Yuncee H520

After 1.11 upgrade my video HD range dropped to half and has never returned. It's funny that I get the brand new I1 V2 with 1.9 firmware it's freaking awesome.

Bought a Z3 camera and ordered XT thermal camera then 1.11 firmware comes out a few days later and my I1 is now a huge disappointment to me. I canceled XT order as I can't see spending that much money for a craft/thermal cam that barely gets 1200-1500ft now in prime conditions before video starts dropping out bad.

I had hope DJI would fix the issue, but now I'm starting to think it wasn't a accident and the great HD video range will not be returning. I now wish I had not spent the money for the I1 V2.0. I'm thinking of selling the whole kit on eBay and buying the new Yuncee H520
The purpose of my post (#95 The one above yours) was to show that the image transmission problems can be solved.
Please read the post.

I have not been flying most of this past summer. I have the Inspire 1 with X5. Firmware on the Aircraft and Camera is 1.8.100, the APP is 3.1.15. I got this restricted message when I started the craft yesterday. I thought maybe it was related to my batteries, which I am now doing a deep cycle with my Smart Power Charger. What I am understanding with this issue is to delete the Go App on my IPad and reinstall...then log out of my DJI account?

Again, I have not done any serious flying/shooting for a while now, but my system worked great...I did upgrade firmware a while back, but was having issues with this and went back to the earlier version, which was fine. Do I have to update to current firmware? I do get a message that aircraft, controller and camera require updates.

Thanks

I don't have any issues now since I downgraded the firmware and rolled back the App to 3.1.13.
My 'About' section of the App displays the following:
App Version 3.1.13
Aircraft Version 1.8.1.00
Remote Controller Version 1.6.0
Camera Version 1.8.1.00

I don't have any issues now since I downgraded the firmware and rolled back the App to 3.1.13.
My 'About' section of the App displays the following:
App Version 3.1.13
Aircraft Version 1.8.1.00
Remote Controller Version 1.6.0
Camera Version 1.8.1.00

How do you roll the App version back? Thanks

How do you roll the App version back? Thanks
Actually, it looks like we are running the same version on everything. I will try the log in - log out procedure to DJI's website. I am using and I pad Air to monitor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08