Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Firmware update issue 7/10/17 v 01.11.01.50 .

Reaction score
I have upgraded to the latest firmware, I know, stupid me! Every time i take off it does the 30m height/distance restriction on me. I have to land the bird, power everything back off and then back on including the dji go app. Then it will go over 30M, why is it doing this every time? I have even flown for a while and then move, and launch with the same battery and have it restrict my altitude and distance. Is this upgrade that bad? Should I downgrade the firmware.

Also to mention the video / fpv transmission disconnects and can take up to a minute to reconnect.
Please help.

Reactions: Flyinghigh1
I think this issue is resolved if you log into the Dji go app pal. I think it needs you logged in to work fully on this update as it wants to know who is using the app.

Reactions: Flyinghigh1
dont you have to be logged in to connect to your device, you might be right, but thought you had to be logged in.

I think this issue is resolved if you log into the Dji go app pal. I think it needs you logged in to work fully on this update as it wants to know who is using the app.
I was logged in. I was on my dji go app. Each battery and sometime multiple times on each battery I had to restart my app, power down both the transmitter and the aircraft to get it go higher than 30m. Or am I missing something, never had this trouble before the firmware.

İ have a same proplem inspire 1 and inspire 1 v2 ..
Max distance and home point proplems . How can i get tue solutions ?

I think doing a compass calibration and controller calibration fixed it for me. I believe it was a gps location issue due to non calibration. Flew great this morning

4 miles out at sea .... and my I1 decides to limit the height & range to 30m YET AGAIN!

As the vessel I was on had already moved more than 30m from the launch location when it happened this made drone recovery somewhat difficult!

I won't bore you with the scary details but after several hours back on dry land it would appear that the solution to the seemingly random nature of the problem was to uninstall the DJI go app (use the delete app & data option in settings), reinstall the DJI go app and do a fresh login to your DJI account.

After several launches the dreaded 30m restriction seems to have gone, even when operating without any internet connectivity.

***** UPDATE: reinstalling the app does not cure the problem - please see my recent post for the latest news. *****

Last edited:
4 miles out at sea .... and my I1 decides to limit the height & range to 30m YET AGAIN!

As the vessel I was on had already moved more than 30m from the launch location when it happened this made drone recovery somewhat difficult!

I won't bore you with the scary details but after several hours back on dry land it would appear that the solution to the seemingly random nature of the problem was to uninstall the DJI go app (use the delete app & data option in settings), reinstall the DJI go app and do a fresh login to your DJI account.

After several launches the dreaded 30m restriction seems to have gone, even when operating without any internet connectivity.
I will have to try this as the compass calibration only worked for the first battery I guess, It's soo random and fustrating.

I will have to try this as the compass calibration only worked for the first battery I guess, It's soo random and fustrating.

I think you are correct, the issue is random, which is why I thought I had fixed it on several occasions.

So far (touch wood) uninstalling and re-installing the DJI Go app and doing a fresh log-in seems to cure the issue. I will report back here if the issue reappears.

***** UPDATE: reinstalling the app does not cure the problem - please see my recent post for the latest news. *****

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryan Sigler
I have to do some serious flying tomorrow. I erased my ipad and reinstalled dji go app and signed in. Hopefully this helps cause this new update is garbage. Hey, let's restrict flights and not have it function properly. Why, just why dji?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game